Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
After he was medically cleared to coach after months of leukemia treatment, the Indianapolis Colts are hoping that Chuck Pagano could return to the sidelines during the team's season finale against the Houston Texans Dec. 30.
"It's still up in the air," interim coach Bruce Arians told the Indianapolis Star. "Later this week, hopefully, we'll be able to know something for sure."
Arians said Pagano "feels great and his blood count was good", hoping to see him back for Monday's preparation for the Texans game.
"The perfect timing would be (for Pagano to) come in Christmas Eve," Arians said. "It would be a great Christmas present for all of us. That's what our goal is. Hopefully he can start Monday."
With Pagano at the helm, Arians is confident that the Colts can clinch a win over the Texans and secure a playoff spot.
Some of Pagano's players are eager to welcome him back, including this year's top overall pick Andrew Luck.
"It will be great," Luck said. "I'm sure it will be emotional for a lot of people. But when it comes, and hopefully soon, it'll be very nice to sort of have our head coach back."
Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia during the Colts' Week 4 bye. He then turned over the team's reins to Arians, his offensive coordinator.
As interim coach, Arians has done a great job in keeping the team afloat with a 9-5 record while waiting for Pagano's return.
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
- Russell Wilson Throws Four TD Passes, Seahawks Clinch Playoff Spot
- Peyton Manning Throws Three TD Strikes, Broncos Blast Browns
- RG3 Returns, Leads Redskins to Brink of NFC East Title
- Tim Tebow to Join Jacksonville Jaguars Next Season
- Matt Ryan's Four TDs Help Falcons Clinch NFC's Top Seed
- Mark Sanchez to be Jets Number 2 QB vs. Chargers
- Quarterback Returns: Redskins to Start RGIII vs Eagles
- NFL Docks Falcons Safety Chris Hope $30K Fine for Hard Hit
- NFL Fines Niners Safety Dashon Goldson $21K for Illegal Hit
- Tim Tebow Did a Good Job, Says Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Bills Stay in Buffalo with 10-year Lease Deal
- Colts Eye Christmas Eve Return for Coach Chuck Pagano
- Drew Brees Expects Sean Payton to Continue Coaching Saints
- Bills Center Eric Wood Despises Rogers Centre Series
- Former Ohio State Back Maurice Clarett a Changed Man
- Giants' Victor Cruz Pays Tribue to Newtown Casulty's Memory
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Giants vs Raven
- NFL 2012 Week 16 Preview: Bengals vs Steelers
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks to Go
- Momentum Key for Teams Heading to Postseason
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios For Week 16
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Benches Sanchez, McElroy to Start vs Chargers
- The Week That Was: NFL 2012 Week 15
- Robert Griffin III Overtakes Favre in NFL Jersey Sales
- Browns Rookie Rusher Frustrated Over Limited Touches vs Redskins
- Chris Johnson, Jake Locker Star as Titans Dash Jets Playoff Hopes
- Redskins' Fletcher Claims Browns Security Assaulted Family Members
- Seahawks Coach Carroll Sorry About Fake Punt vs Bills
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com