Tony Romo's Three TD Strikes Help Cowboys Down Eagles
NFL Football 2012
Tony Romo threw three scoring strikes to overtake Hall of Famer Troy Aikman for top spot in the team's all-time touchdown list and lead the Dallas Cowboys to a 38-33 triumph over the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday at Cowboys Stadium.
Romo completed 22-of-27 passes for 303 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. He connected with wide receiver Dez Bryant for a 23-yard scoring pass for his 166th career touchdown heave, passing Aikman for the lead.
With the victory, the Cowboys improved to 6-6 and kept their slim playoff hopes alive, depending on the outcome of the New York Giants-Washington Redskins game Monday night.
Tight end Jason Witten was Romo's favorite target in the game, catching six balls for 108 yards while Bryant also caught six passes for 98 yards and two scores. Miles Austin added the other touchdown and finished with 46 yards on two catches.
Running back DeMarco Murray made a triumphant return from foot injury, delivering 83 yards on 23 carries with one touchdown while the Cowboys finished with a total of 123 ground yards.
Rookie quarterback Nick Foles, starting anew for injured Michael Vick, tallied 251 yards with one touchdown on 22-of-34 passing for the Eagles, who dropped to 3-9.
Running back Bryce Brown ran for 169 rushing yards with two touchdowns but had a costly fumble late in the game that secured Dallas victory.
In the first period, Foles engineered a 10-play, 66-yard drive that Brown capped with a 10-yard scoring run for a 7-0 lead.
Romo tried to spark the Cowboys with a drive of his own but fell short, settling for a 39-yard field goal by Dan Bailey to cut the deficit to 7-3.
However, Brown hit paydirt once again, scoring on a five-yard touchdown run for a 14-3 advantage but Murray answered with a one-yard scoring run for a 14-10 lead.
The Eagles ended the first half with a 17-10 advantage with a 43-yard field goal from Alex Henery.
In the third period, Foles and Romo exchanged touchdown passes before the Cowboys tied the game in the fourth at 24 with a 27-yard touchdown reception by Austin.
The Eagles regained the lead for the last time with Henery's 43-yard boot before Bryant completed a six-yard scoring catch and Morris Claiborne's 50-yard touchdown fumble return to give the Cowboys a 38-27 lead.
- 49ers Suspend Brandon Jacobs for Remainder of Season
- Tom Brady Throws Four Scoring Strikes as Patriots Rout Texans
- Ravens Can Coordinator Cam Cameron, Promote Jim Caldwell
- Cowboys Owner, Tackle Ratliff Have Heated Confrontation
- Linebacker's Death Puts Spotlight on NFL Drug, Alcohol Problem
- Packers Tame Lions, Close in on NFC North Title
- Rookies Propel Browns to Rout of Chiefs
- Cam Newton Carries Panthers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Cowboys Brent Charged with Manslaughter in Teammate Jerry Brown's death
- Browns Special Teamers Reject Plan to Eliminate Kickoff
- Cardinals Deck Dockett with $200,000 Fine
- Ailing Giants: Nicks and Phillips doubtful against Saints
- Chiefs Running Back Hillis Shrugs Off Comment by Ex-Browns Teammate
- Manning and Moreno Lead Broncos to Eighth Straight Victory
- Vikings Greenway Backtracks After Calling for 'Super-Duper Drunk' Fans
- Quarterback for Now: Sanchez to Start for Jets vs Jaguars
- Injured Linebacker Suggs Game-Time Decision for Ravens
- With Four Games Remaining, NFL Enters Final Quarter
- Final Quarter Starts with AFC Playoffs in Sight
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 14
- Bears Linebacker Urlacher Out Three Games with Hamstring Strain
- Eagles Tab Foles as Starting QB for Rest of Season
- Bob Costas Draws Criticism for Halftime Gun Control Commentary
- Police Say Belcher Legally Owned Gun Used in Murder-Suicide
- RG3 Carries Redskins Past Giants, NFC East Race Tightens
- Rookies Dazzle in Browns Win Over Raiders
- Tony Romo's Three TD Strikes Help Cowboys Down Eagles
- Andrew Luck's Last-Second Scoring Strike Lifts Colts Past Lions
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Return December 16 vs Broncos
- Bryant's Crucial Field Goals Lift Falcons Over Saints
- Former LSU Star Tyrann Mathieu Enters 2013 NFL Draft
- RGIII Tops NFL Jersey Sales List After Strong Sales Week
- Playoff Races Intensify as NFL Enters Final Month
- NFL 2012 Week 13 Preview: Seahawks vs Bears
- Atlanta Falcons Host the New Orleans Saints
- Eagles QB Michael Vick to Wear Special Skull Cap
- AFC Playoff Picture Taking Shape
- NFC Playoff Races in Full Swing
- Sacked: Eagles Release Defensive End Jason Babin
- Jets Superfan 'Fireman Ed' Retires from Role
- Cam Newton Stars as Panthers Ground Eagles
- Eli Manning Throws Three Scoring Strikes as Giants Crush Packers
- Trent Richardson Carries Browns Over Steelers
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved