Broncos McGahee to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Leg Injury
Denver Broncos running back Willis McGahee will miss six to eight weeks after suffering a torn medial collateral ligament and a fracture in his right leg.
McGahee suffered the injury during the Broncos' 30-23 victory over the San Diego Chargers Sunday. The win improved the Broncos' record to 7-3, good for first place in the AFC West.
Doctors advised McGahee not to put any weight on his leg so as not to worsen the injury that needs no surgery. The rusher believes he can return in four to six weeks.
The rusher expressed optimism that the injury wasn't going to cost him time but an MRI revealed the extent of the damage.
Before the injury, McGahee has been enjoying a strong season in Denver, rushing for 731 yards on 167 carries and four touchdowns in 10 games
With McGahee sidelined, Ronnie Hillman is expected to handle the bulk of the carries for the Broncos.
The Buffalo Bills made McGahee the 23rd overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft despite suffering one of the most gruesome knee injuries in recent memory during his final college game with the University of Miami.
He sat out his rookie season with Buffalo, but he has put together a sturdy NFL career with three teams over 10 seasons.
In his career, McGahee has rushed for 8,097 yards on 1,957 carries with 63 touchdowns. He also tallied 1,319 yards on 202 catches with five touchdowns.
- Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Easy Win over Jets
- Jets Quarterback Tim Tebow Playing with Fractured Ribs
- RG3 throws Four Scoring Strikes, Redskins Topple Cowboys
- Graham OT Field Goal Helps Texans Escape Lions
- Giants Safety Kenny Phillips Wins Appeal on Fine
- NFL to Revise In-Season Part of Challenge Rule
- NFL 2012 Week 12 Kicks Off With Thanksgiving Tripleheader
- Balance on Offense Leads to Success for Texans
- Peyton Manning Finding Comfort in Denver
- Colin Kaepernick Shines in Debut Start, Leads 49ers Over Bears
- Jacoby Jones and Justin Tucker Help Ravens Edge Steelers
- Broncos McGahee to Miss 6-8 Weeks with Leg Injury
- Patriots Tight End Rob Gronkowski Breaks Arm in Win Over Colts
- Panthers Coach Ron Rivera to Stay Until Season's End
- Dan Bailey Overtime Field Goal Lifts Cowboys Past Browns
- Ex-Bears Great Mike Ditka Calls Minor Stroke 'No Big Deal'
- NFL Retirement Board Claims Sport Caused Brain Injuries of 3 Players
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- Glazer's Edge: Give Tebow a shot
- Boomer Esiason 'Not a Fan' of Tim Tebow
- Colts - Patriots Week 11 Preview
- Blame NFL for QB concussions
- Roger Goodell Says Football will Evolve
- The End of Football as We Know It?
- Eagles Confident in Nick Foles' Ability
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved