Peyton Manning: Pey Day
NFL 2012 Football
Acquired by the Denver Broncos in March, quarterback PEYTON MANNING ranks among the NFL elite and aims to continue to move up the charts in the league's record book.
"Peyton has had an unbelievable career," says younger brother and New York Giants quarterback ELI. "Since I've been watching football, I haven't seen anybody play at a higher level than he has. It has always been my goal to get to his level of football, to get to his level of play. I've watched him in situations and I'm just amazed at some of the throws and plays he's made in his career."
Manning's success has been attributed to his preparation, focus, dedication, durability and passion for the game. Former Colts head coach and NBC Sports analyst TONY DUNGY spent seven seasons (2002-08) with Manning in Indianapolis and has been a witness to the four-time MVP's formula for success.
"Peyton is a talented player and works hard, but the thing that I feel that separates him from others is his preparation," says Dungy. "He never goes into a game where he is not fully prepared. He believes that if you are prepared and you know what you are going to do, then you are going to have a high chance of success. His preparation is legendary."
Manning, who is entering his 15th NFL season, ranks third all-time in career passing yards (54,828), completions (4,682) and touchdown passes (399). Manning needs 286 completions and 22 touchdown passes in 2012 to surpass Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO (4,967 completions, 420 TDs) for second place all-time in each category.
Most Passing Yards
Most TD Passes
Manning needs one 300-yard passing game to surpass Marino for the most 300-yard passing games in NFL history. Manning can also become the first quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards in 12 different seasons.
Most 300-Yard Passing Games
Most 4,000-Yard Passing Seasons
Broncos All-Star cornerback Champ Bailey, who has faced many great NFL quarterbacks during his 14-year NFL career, knows the impact Manning will have in Denver.
"He's an amazing leader, and his leadership alone is, bar none, the best in the league," says Bailey. "He demands that accountability from other guys, and you see what he's done. It makes you feel good about coming to work every day, because you know there's a guy on the other side of the ball that's going to give it 150 percent regardless. To have him there leading that offense, it's an amazing feeling."
ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback RON JAWORSKI says a great deal of Manning's success can be attributed to his high level of football intelligence against complex NFL defenses.
"The thing that always amazes me about Peyton Manning is the speed at which he processes what he sees on the field," says Jaworski. "It's not just all that preparation that he's famous for, it's also how quickly he puts it to use. The speed of processing. It's been years since Peyton has been surprised by a defense. He is second to none in the pre-snap phase of seeing the defenses. He knows where he's going with the ball before it's snapped. He is simply amazing in preparation and speed of processing. There is no one like him and that gives his team confidence, no matter who they're facing, or what the situation is."
- Forbes Magazine Values Dallas Cowboys at $2.1B
- NFL 2012 Week 1: Giants vs Cowboys Preview
- Dolphins Release Veteran QB David Garrard
- NFL 2012 Week 1 Preview - Back to Football!
- NFL 2012 Quarterback Update
- AFC QBs Take to Primetime on Kickoff Weekend
- NFC East Rivals Meet in Wednesday Night Kickoff
- Bears Urlacher to Return Against Colts
- NFC East Preview
- NFC West Preview
- NFC South Preview
- NFC North Preview
- Dolphins Acquire Wideout Anthony Armstrong Off Waivers
- Running Back Jones-Drew Ends Holdout, Reports to Jaguars
- Patriots Acquire Receiver Greg Salas from Rams
- Replacements Ready: Talks Between NFL and Refs Collapse
- Super Bowl Champions Giants Not Among Those Favored to Win
- AFC East Preview
- AFC South Preview
- AFC West Preview
- AFC North Preview
- Jaguars Not Trading Running Back Jones-Drew
- Giants Linebacker Kiwanuka Gets Back at Cowboys Owner Jones
- NFL Players Union: Replacement Refs Jeopardize Safety
- Patriots Tight End Aaron Hernandez Agrees to Five-Year Extension
- Time's Up for T.O. - Seahawks Cut Veteran Wideout
- Big Ben Chimes In: Roethlisberger Blames FieldTurf for DeCastro's injury
- Giants and Cowboys Kick Off NFL 2012 Season
- Giants Rising
- The Empire State Strikes Back
- Patriots Look to Continue Winning Tradition
- NFL 2012 Kickoff Weekend Streaks
- NFL 2012 Strength of Schedule
- What To Look for in 2012
- Quarterback Success
- Pack Man: MVP Aaron Rodgers Leads Packers
- Eli Manning: Elite Quarterback
- Tom Brady: Tom Terrific
- Peyton Manning: Pey Day
- Cool Brees: Saints QB Drew Brees
- Young Quarterbacks on The Rise
- Running Backs: Good Things Come in Pairs
- Double Trouble Running Backs!
- Top Superlative? Run the Ball!
- Steven Jackson: Action Jackson
- Darren Sproles: Mister Versatility
- Devin Hester: Thank Devin
- NFL Tight Ends On The Rise
- Charles Woodson: Charles In Charge
- Rookies Excelled in 2011
- NFL Receivers Making a Splash
- Many Happy Kickoff Returns
- Big Play Excitement
- Clutch Performering Quarterbacks
- On Target Receivers
- Yards After The Catch
- Receivers Moving The Chains
- NFL Rules: A Constant Evolution
- New NFL Rules for 2012
- Modified Sudden Death Overtime
- NFL 2012 Headline Games
- NFL Player Offseason Moves: Same Faces, New Places
- New Orleans Hosts Its 10th Super Bowl
- Total Miles to Travel in 2012
- The NFL on TV in 2012
- NFL On The Go and Online in 2012
- NFL Anniversaries
- The 1932 NFL Indoor Championship
- 1967 NFL Championship: The 'Ice Bowl'
- The 'Immaculate Reception'
- 1972 Dolphins: The Perfect Season
- Pro Football is America's Favorite Sport By Far
- Top-Selling NFL Player Jerseys
- NFL Ratchets Up The Excitement
- The NFL is So Unpredictable
- From Worst to First in the NFL
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
- Exciting Comebacks Highlighted NFL 2011 Season
- NFL Overtime Excitement
- Sustained Success
- Best NFL Records: Past 10 Years
- Football's Popularity in High School Keeps Growings
- Andrew Luck Throws 2 TD Passes in Pre-Season Debut
- Brian Urlacher: I'll Be Ready For Season Opener vs Colts
- Cowboys Not Interested in Plaxico Burress
- Justin Tuck Sacks Clay Matthews Comments
- Still Fighting: Jousting Jets Draw Coach Rex Ryan's Ire
- Tom Brady Leading Patriots by Example
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet