Buccaneers Reportedly Look to Trade Tight End Winslow
Tampa Bay, FL
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reportedly looking to trade tight end Kellen Winslow and if there is no taker, they may be willing to let go of the eight-year veteran for nothing.
Winslow said in a radio interview that he was informed by the Buccaneers that they looking for a team interested in his services.
"They're not looking for my services this year. (Coach Greg Schiano) said he'd help me out with a trade. It's kind of shocking, but that's what it is," Winslow told Ross Tucker of SIRIUS NFL Radio.
Winslow said his failure to participate in offseason workouts with the team played part in the Buccaneers' decision to trade him.
"(Schiano was) kind of upset that I wasn't there with the team working out in the offseason and then the first week of OTAs. You know, look, I've been there the last three years and I've had a successful career so far. You just don't get rid of one of your best players because of that," he said.
Winslow was surprised with the reason given by the team, saying he has participated in a team event before in this preseason.
"There was a previous minicamp -- I went to that. It was a three-day minicamp and then, I came back down to San Diego to train, and I was going to start back with the team today," he said.
League sources have it that the Bucs have offered Winslow to the Chicago Bears but the talks fizzled out.
Sources also said that Tampa Bay is eyeing the services of former Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark to replace Winslow.
The veteran tight end worked out for the team last week, and the Bucs are expected to offer him a contract.
Winslow joined the Bucs via trade with Cleveland in 2009. A sore knee prevented him from practicing frequently last season but he appeared in all 16 games and caught 75 passes for 763 yards and two touchdowns.
The Colts released Clark, who will turn 33 next month, on March 9 as part of a massive veteran purge following the release of franchise icon Peyton Manning.
Clark spent nine years with the Colts, catching 427 passes for 4,887 yards and 46 touchdowns. In 2009, he became the second tight end in NFL history to have 100-plus receptions in a season and was chosen for the Pro Bowl.
- Ravens Linebacker Suggs Injured Achilles Playing Hoops
- Giants Give Coach Tom Coughlin Contract Extension through 2014
- Tebow to Attend Sanchez's Private Training Camp
- NFL to Hire Replacement Referees while CBA Talks Continue
- Legend Jim Brown Stands by Comment on Trent Richardson
- Giants and DE Osi Umenyiora Agree to a Restructured Contract
- Giants Wideout Hakeem Nicks Confident He'll Play in Opener
- Giants Teammates Empathize with Osi Umenyiora Holdout
- Embattled Pro Bowl Returns to Hawaii for 33rd Time
- Dolphins Replace Rivals Jets on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
- Colts Set Sights on Cowboys Cornerback Mike Jenkins
- Cam Newton Leads Panthers by Example
- Brian Urlacher May Test Free-Agent Waters
- Jets QB Mark Sanchez Praised for Sharp Throws in Workouts
- NFL Players Union Files Federal Lawsuit Against League
- Senior Punished For 'Tebowing' on Stage During Graduation
- Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Sees Title Window Closing
- Buccaneers Reportedly Look to Trade Tight End Winslow
- Repeating as Champs will be 'Giant' Challenge
- Our Ruinous Game
- Ohio State Linebacker Andrew Sweat Picks Law Over NFL and Concussions
- Saints QB Drew Brees Frustrated by Contract Talks
- Jets Coaches Continue to Praise Tebow
- Patriots Wideout Wes Welker Likely to Attend Minicamp
- Brandon Weeden Improves During Cleveland Browns Rookie Camp
- Patriots Wideout Ochocinco Expresses Support For Goodell
- Ex-NFL Linebacker Junior Seau Remembered By 20,000 Fans
- New 49ers Wideout Randy Moss Wows Onlookers
- Jets Coordinator Sparano Fan of Improved Tim Tebow
- Ravens Linebacker Terrell Suggs Suffers Torn Achilles
- Ex-NFL Star Linebacker Junior Seau Dead at 43
- Four Saints Players Banned in Bounty Probe
- Giants Want to Retain Osi Umenyiora
- QB Shuffle? With Weeden Pick, Browns Could Deal McCoy
- Trades and Surprise Picks Abound Through NFL Draft
- Browns Trade Up to 3, Select Richardson; Luck-Griffin Go 1-2
- NFL Getting Close to Wrapping Up Saints Bounty Probe
- Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III Lock for Top Two Picks in NFL Draft
- Mike Mayock's 2012 NFL Draft Preview
- 2012 NFL Schedule Announced
- 2012 NFL Week-by-Week Weekly Schedule
- 2012 NFL Team Schedules
- Peyton Manning, Broncos Get New Era Started
- Bountygate: Gregg Williams Suspended Indefinitely; Sean Payton Out For Year
- Niners and Alex Smith Reunite After Peyton Pursuit
- Peyton Manning Finds New Home with Broncos
- Seahawks Sign Matt Flynn to Multi-Year Contract
- NFL 2012 Free Agent Signings and Trades Update
- Manning Reportedly Leaning Toward Denver and Arizona
- NFL Sets Salary Cap at $120.6 Million
- NFL Discloses 'Bounty Rule' Findings
- Tim Tebow Works on Passing Game with Quarterback Guru
- Giants Receiver Victor Cruz to Team: 'Throw Me The Money'
- Jets Wideout Santonio Holmes to Return for 2012 Season
- Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships
- Tim Tebow: Public Faith vs Private Faith
- Super again! Giants Take Title in Squeaker over Patriots
Copyright © 2012 AHN. All rights reserved