NFL Draft 2013: Manti Te'o, Geno Smith First-Round Snubs
NFL Draft 2013
New York, NY
Former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o, ex-USC quarterback Matt Barkley and West Virginia play-caller Geno Smith were among the big names snubbed in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
According to reports, Smith left the building with two picks left in the first round and doesn't plan to attend Friday's second round. Te'o, for his part, stayed in his home in Hawaii.
Te'o was selected by the Chargers early in the second round, while Smith was a Jets choice when the draft continued Friday.
Barkley, who was projected to be a top 10 pick in last year's draft, did not draw interest from teams in the first round.
Florida State's E.J. Manuel was the only quarterback picked in the first round when the Buffalo Bills made him the 16th overall pick.
For the first time since 1963, no running backs were taken in the first round, which was dominated by offensive and defensive linemen, led by No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher of the Kansas City Chiefs.
Also available in the second round are quarterbacks Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Ryan Nassib and Landry Jones while Eddie Lacy leads the running backs' list together with Giovani Bernard, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell and Johnathan Franklin.
|1||Kansas City||Eric Fisher||OT|
|8||St||Louis Tavon Austin||WR|
|9||NY Jets||Dee Milliner||CB|
|11||San Diego||D.J Fluker||OT|
|13||NY Jets||Sheldon Richardson||DT|
|15||New Orleans||Kenny Vaccaro||SS|
|18||San Francisco||Eric Reid||FS|
|19||NY Giants||Justin Pugh||T|
|26||Green Bay||Datone Jones||DE|
|30||St. Louis||Alec Ogletree||ILB|
2013 NFL Draft: 1st Round Recap
- Mark Sanchez Eyes Jets Starting QB Job with Garrard Retiring
- Manti Te'o Focused on Tasks with Chargers
- Team Owner Says Redskins Name to Remain
- Jaguars Fans: We Don't Want Tim Tebow
- Ronde Barber Ends 16-year NFL Career, Eyes TV Job
- Jets QB Geno Smith Says He Doesn't have Attitude Problem
- Tim Tebow Picked 2013's Most Influential Athlete
- Florida Legislature Rejects Funding for Sun Life Stadium Renovations
- Notre Dame Emerging as NFL Draft Pick Hotbed
- Council Member Seeks Name Change from Redskins to Redtails
- NFL Suspends Jaguars Wideout Justin Blackmon for Four Games
- Jets GM: 5 Remaining QBs to Compete for Starting Job
- Jets Cut Quarterback Tim Tebow
- Chiefs Pick Offensive Tackle Eric Fisher as Top Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2013: Manti Te'o, Geno Smith First-Round Snubs
- Eagles Leapfrog Chiefs to Select Matt Barkley in Fourth-Round
- Aaron Rodgers Signs $110M Extension with Packers
- Hall of Famer Barry Sanders to Appear on 'Madden NFL 25' Cover
- Jets Cornerback Dealt: 'Revis Island' Now Attached to Tampa Bay
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez Blames Jets for Fueling Tebow Hype
- Bengals and James Harrison Agree to Two-Year Deal
- 2013 NFL Schedule Announced
- Packers Sign Clay Matthews to Five-Year Deal
- Jets Stall Darrelle Revis Trade Talks
- David Akers to Join Detroit Lions
- Defensive Back Charles Woodson Claims Teams Shying Away Due to Age
- Lions' Jason Hanson Retires After 21 Seasons
- Patriots QB Tom Brady Works Out with Terrell Owens
- Bills Sign Free-agent Quarterback Kevin Kolb
- Dolphins Sign Cornerback Brent Grimes
- Seahawks Consider Trading QB Matt Flynn for Draft Picks
- Patriots Rob Gronkowski to Respect Gay Teammates
- Cowboys and Romo Agree to Lucrative Extension Deal
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved