Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson reiterated that he has no problem playing alongside a gay teammate, saying it wouldn't bother him that much.
However, Peterson admitted to The Oklahoman that having to take showers with a gay teammate would make him uncomfortable.
"Simple things, as far as showers and things like that, you know, of course, anyone would be uncomfortable. But you know, I'm a grown man. There's things that I can deal with. I'm comfortable in my skin," Peterson told the newspaper.
"I'll still high-five them. Pat them on the butt when he's doing good, and go on about my business," he added.
Earlier, Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck declared that he would be disappointed if there would be a negative reaction around the league to a gay NFL player.
"It's the 21st century, and I know I would have absolutely no problem with it. I hope no one would treat him any differently than any straight player, no special treatment -- he's just another guy," Luck told CNN.
During the interview, Peterson also told the Oklahoman that didn't see the need to apologize for his comments last month that he's not with gay marriage because he was voicing his personal opinion.
"We have homosexuals who choose to live their life the way they do. You know what? To me, that's fine. You can do that. If you want people to respect that, then just respect my view," Peterson said.
Peterson recently received the Henry P. Iba Citizen Athlete Award given to athletes who excel on the field and are charitable off it. Swin Cash, of the WNBA's Chicago Sky, received the women's award.
- The Curse of Redskins
- Missouri Turns Down $700M Upgrade of Rams Home Field
- Redskins Eric Kettani Gets Hate Mail for Navy Deal
- Raiders Settle with ex-QB JaMarcus Russell for $3M
- Texans' Cushing: J.J. Watt could be best defensive player ever
- Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez petition for bail denied
- Ex-coach Bill Parcells Regrets Leaving Patriots
- Jets Veterans Want Mark Sanchez to Start at Quarterback
- Ex-Giants, Jets punter Dave Jennings dead at 61
- 49ers Extend Justin Smith through 2015
- Radio Hosts Fired for Mocking Saints defensive back Steve Gleason
- Vladimir Putin denies Taking 2005 Super Bowl Ring without Permission
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Jets Sign Tight End Kellen Winslow Jr to One-Year Deal
- Chargers Rusher Ryan Mathews Receives Hate Messages on Twitter
- Broncos Release Veteran Rusher Willis McGahee
- Patriots Give Tim Tebow's NFL Career a Boost
- Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping lawyer's butt
- Hall of Famer Jim Brown Claims NFL Lags Behind NASCAR in Safety
- Quarterback JaMarcus Russell shows solid form in Bears tryout
- Jim Kelly Undergoes Successful Surgery for mouth-area cancer
- Super Bowl Champion Ravens Enjoy White House Visit
- Bill Belichick: 'I'm No Tim Tebow Hater'
- Vikings Rusher Adrian Peterson OK with having Gay Teammate
- Giants Jason Pierre-Paul Undergoes Back Surgery
- Legendary defensive end Deacon Jones dead at 74
- Bills great Jim Kelly believes he can overcome cancer
- Cowboys' Draft Board Exposed for the Second Time
- Browns Trent Richardson Will Not Be Hampered by Injuries
- Back Injury Puts Gronkowski Back on Operating Table
- Mark Sanchez Eyes Jets Starting QB Job with Garrard Retiring
- Manti Te'o Focused on Tasks with Chargers
- Team Owner Says Redskins Name to Remain
- Jaguars Fans: We Don't Want Tim Tebow
- Ronde Barber Ends 16-year NFL Career, Eyes TV Job
- Jets QB Geno Smith Says He Doesn't have Attitude Problem
- Tim Tebow Picked 2013's Most Influential Athlete
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved