South Bend, IN
Notre Dame is fast becoming a hotbed for NFL draft prospects boosted by the six picked.
Only Alabama's seven first rounders the past two seasons bested Notre Dame's three--Michael Floyd, Harrison Smith and Tyler Eifert.
It has been churning out draft picks at the level of an elite college program for two years now, that outside of SEC programs Alabama, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina, only Florida State and Oklahoma have had more over the past two seasons.
The ten players drafted over the past two seasons were recruited by Charlie Weis and developed by Brian Kelly.
Experts have started to look at Notre Dame Irish players as 2014 draft prospects.
Louis Nix and Stephon Tuitt may be ranked as the No. 1 and No. 2 defensive tackle and end respectively.
While he won't be ready to graduate, some teams might actually prefer the skillset Tuitt possesses over South Carolina's Jadaveon Clowney as the draft's most dangerous defensive end.
Danny Spond and Carlo Calabrese could likely work their way into the draftable conversation as well.
- The Curse of Redskins
- Missouri Turns Down $700M Upgrade of Rams Home Field
- Redskins Eric Kettani Gets Hate Mail for Navy Deal
- Raiders Settle with ex-QB JaMarcus Russell for $3M
- Texans' Cushing: J.J. Watt could be best defensive player ever
- Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez petition for bail denied
- Ex-coach Bill Parcells Regrets Leaving Patriots
- Jets Veterans Want Mark Sanchez to Start at Quarterback
- Ex-Giants, Jets punter Dave Jennings dead at 61
- 49ers Extend Justin Smith through 2015
- Radio Hosts Fired for Mocking Saints defensive back Steve Gleason
- Vladimir Putin denies Taking 2005 Super Bowl Ring without Permission
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Jets Sign Tight End Kellen Winslow Jr to One-Year Deal
- Chargers Rusher Ryan Mathews Receives Hate Messages on Twitter
- Broncos Release Veteran Rusher Willis McGahee
- Patriots Give Tim Tebow's NFL Career a Boost
- Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping lawyer's butt
- Hall of Famer Jim Brown Claims NFL Lags Behind NASCAR in Safety
- Quarterback JaMarcus Russell shows solid form in Bears tryout
- Jim Kelly Undergoes Successful Surgery for mouth-area cancer
- Super Bowl Champion Ravens Enjoy White House Visit
- Bill Belichick: 'I'm No Tim Tebow Hater'
- Vikings Rusher Adrian Peterson OK with having Gay Teammate
- Giants Jason Pierre-Paul Undergoes Back Surgery
- Legendary defensive end Deacon Jones dead at 74
- Bills great Jim Kelly believes he can overcome cancer
- Cowboys' Draft Board Exposed for the Second Time
- Browns Trent Richardson Will Not Be Hampered by Injuries
- Back Injury Puts Gronkowski Back on Operating Table
- Mark Sanchez Eyes Jets Starting QB Job with Garrard Retiring
- Manti Te'o Focused on Tasks with Chargers
- Team Owner Says Redskins Name to Remain
- Jaguars Fans: We Don't Want Tim Tebow
- Ronde Barber Ends 16-year NFL Career, Eyes TV Job
- Jets QB Geno Smith Says He Doesn't have Attitude Problem
- Tim Tebow Picked 2013's Most Influential Athlete
- Florida Legislature Rejects Funding for Sun Life Stadium Renovations
- Notre Dame Emerging as NFL Draft Pick Hotbed
- Council Member Seeks Name Change from Redskins to Redtails
- NFL Suspends Jaguars Wideout Justin Blackmon for Four Games
- Jets GM: 5 Remaining QBs to Compete for Starting Job
- Jets Cut Quarterback Tim Tebow
- Chiefs Pick Offensive Tackle Eric Fisher as Top Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2013: Manti Te'o, Geno Smith First-Round Snubs
- Eagles Leapfrog Chiefs to Select Matt Barkley in Fourth-Round
- Aaron Rodgers Signs $110M Extension with Packers
- Hall of Famer Barry Sanders to Appear on 'Madden NFL 25' Cover
- Jets Cornerback Dealt: 'Revis Island' Now Attached to Tampa Bay
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez Blames Jets for Fueling Tebow Hype
- Bengals and James Harrison Agree to Two-Year Deal
- 2013 NFL Schedule Announced
- Packers Sign Clay Matthews to Five-Year Deal
- Jets Stall Darrelle Revis Trade Talks
- David Akers to Join Detroit Lions
- Defensive Back Charles Woodson Claims Teams Shying Away Due to Age
- Lions' Jason Hanson Retires After 21 Seasons
- Patriots QB Tom Brady Works Out with Terrell Owens
- Bills Sign Free-agent Quarterback Kevin Kolb
- Dolphins Sign Cornerback Brent Grimes
- Seahawks Consider Trading QB Matt Flynn for Draft Picks
- Patriots Rob Gronkowski to Respect Gay Teammates
- Cowboys and Romo Agree to Lucrative Extension Deal
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved