A group of Jacksonville Jaguars fans has put up a website to express its displeasure over calls for the team to sign quarterback Tim Tebow, who was recently released by the New York Jets after just one season.
Bold City Brigade has created a website, Evenifhesreleased.com, in response to radio advertisements by Orlando attorney John Morgan urging owner Shad Khan to sign Tebow so the Jaguars can win "for the people".
Also, an online petition on the White House's "We The People" website was put up, urging the team to sign Tebow. The petition had just more than 300 signatures before it was removed because it violated the site's "terms of participation."
Bold City Brigade's new website had more than 31,000 clicks -- "Endorsements from REAL Jaguars fans that don't need Tim Tebow."
"We are inspired to counter anything or anyone that chooses to attack or spread ignorance about our fan base," said John Caputo, president of Bold City Brigade. "We aim to do it in a tasteful and tactful manner, which represents our mission and members."
"Obviously it's frustrating to be constantly bombarded by the Tebow-mania. Many die-hard Jaguars fans feel ignored. We feel like our voices are not heard because we tend to sit back and not do anything brash and in-your-face," he added.
Caputo clarified that the group's move is not anti-Tebow but a show of support to team owner Shad Khan and his vision for the franchise.
On Jan. 10, new Jaguars general manager David Caldwell said the team will not pursue Tebow even if he was released by the Jets.
Caldwell reiterated that sentiment in a radio interview, saying the Jaguars want a fresh start. "We didn't want the same recurring themes coming up," he said.
- The Curse of Redskins
- Missouri Turns Down $700M Upgrade of Rams Home Field
- Redskins Eric Kettani Gets Hate Mail for Navy Deal
- Raiders Settle with ex-QB JaMarcus Russell for $3M
- Texans' Cushing: J.J. Watt could be best defensive player ever
- Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez petition for bail denied
- Ex-coach Bill Parcells Regrets Leaving Patriots
- Jets Veterans Want Mark Sanchez to Start at Quarterback
- Ex-Giants, Jets punter Dave Jennings dead at 61
- 49ers Extend Justin Smith through 2015
- Radio Hosts Fired for Mocking Saints defensive back Steve Gleason
- Vladimir Putin denies Taking 2005 Super Bowl Ring without Permission
- Chad Johnson Released from Jail
- Jets Sign Tight End Kellen Winslow Jr to One-Year Deal
- Chargers Rusher Ryan Mathews Receives Hate Messages on Twitter
- Broncos Release Veteran Rusher Willis McGahee
- Patriots Give Tim Tebow's NFL Career a Boost
- Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping lawyer's butt
- Hall of Famer Jim Brown Claims NFL Lags Behind NASCAR in Safety
- Quarterback JaMarcus Russell shows solid form in Bears tryout
- Jim Kelly Undergoes Successful Surgery for mouth-area cancer
- Super Bowl Champion Ravens Enjoy White House Visit
- Bill Belichick: 'I'm No Tim Tebow Hater'
- Vikings Rusher Adrian Peterson OK with having Gay Teammate
- Giants Jason Pierre-Paul Undergoes Back Surgery
- Legendary defensive end Deacon Jones dead at 74
- Bills great Jim Kelly believes he can overcome cancer
- Cowboys' Draft Board Exposed for the Second Time
- Browns Trent Richardson Will Not Be Hampered by Injuries
- Back Injury Puts Gronkowski Back on Operating Table
- Mark Sanchez Eyes Jets Starting QB Job with Garrard Retiring
- Manti Te'o Focused on Tasks with Chargers
- Team Owner Says Redskins Name to Remain
- Jaguars Fans: We Don't Want Tim Tebow
- Ronde Barber Ends 16-year NFL Career, Eyes TV Job
- Jets QB Geno Smith Says He Doesn't have Attitude Problem
- Tim Tebow Picked 2013's Most Influential Athlete
- Florida Legislature Rejects Funding for Sun Life Stadium Renovations
- Notre Dame Emerging as NFL Draft Pick Hotbed
- Council Member Seeks Name Change from Redskins to Redtails
- NFL Suspends Jaguars Wideout Justin Blackmon for Four Games
- Jets GM: 5 Remaining QBs to Compete for Starting Job
- Jets Cut Quarterback Tim Tebow
- Chiefs Pick Offensive Tackle Eric Fisher as Top Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL Draft 2013: Manti Te'o, Geno Smith First-Round Snubs
- Eagles Leapfrog Chiefs to Select Matt Barkley in Fourth-Round
- Aaron Rodgers Signs $110M Extension with Packers
- Hall of Famer Barry Sanders to Appear on 'Madden NFL 25' Cover
- Jets Cornerback Dealt: 'Revis Island' Now Attached to Tampa Bay
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez Blames Jets for Fueling Tebow Hype
- Bengals and James Harrison Agree to Two-Year Deal
- 2013 NFL Schedule Announced
- Packers Sign Clay Matthews to Five-Year Deal
- Jets Stall Darrelle Revis Trade Talks
- David Akers to Join Detroit Lions
- Defensive Back Charles Woodson Claims Teams Shying Away Due to Age
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved