Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly denied reports that he's a candidate for the vacant head coaching job at University of Texas, saying its "just speculation".
"I understand you have to ask the question but I'm not involved in any jobs. I'm the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles," Kelly said.
Kelly was similarly linked to the vacant USC job earlier this season. "I really don't know," Kelly said. "I haven't talked to anybody. It's just speculation. I haven't spoken to anybody."
It was reported that Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has an "A-list" of coaches he would consider to replace Mack Brown.
Patterson's list includes Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy but not Kelly. San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin also have been reported as candidates.
Harbaugh declined comment last week when asked about the reports, saying he doesn't "ever talk about any jobs other than the one I have," while NFL.com reported that a source close to Tomlin called the coach's inclusion on Texas' wish list "absurd."
Kelly was the coach at Oregon for four seasons, compiling a 46-7 record. He turned down an offer to coach the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012 but accepted the Eagles' job in January, replacing Andy Reid.
Eagles - Cowboys Preview
The Eagles visit the Cowboys with the NFC East division title on the line. The winner advances to the postseason while the loser's season comes to an end
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
Article: Copyright © 2013, AHN - All Rights Reserved
"Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link "