Peyton Manning is taking the Denver Broncos to the Super Bowl XLVIII after another one of his passing-game masterpieces.
Three years after his career nearly came to an end due to a neck injury, Manning threw for 400 yards a two touchdowns in leading Denver to a 26-16 victory over Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.
In two weeks, at MetLife Stadium in New York against the Seahawks, Manning will attempt to become the first quarterback in NFL history to win a Super Bowl with two franchises.
The matchup of the Broncos and Patriots was supposed to be a show replete with offensive fireworks. Instead, Denver took away New England’s quick-strike capability early and then Manning engineered two extensive drives, chewing great chunks of the clock.
Manning threw a one-yard TD to Jacob Tamme and a three-yard score to Demaryius Thomas. Matt Prater added four field goals for the Broncos, the AFC’s No. 1 seed.
Brady threw for 277 yards and one score. He also ran for a touchdown.
Denver finished 13-3 in the regular season, losing only to Indianapolis (39-33), New England (34-31) and San Diego (27-20). In the AFC divisional playoffs, the Broncos avenged their loss to San Diego with a 24-17 victory.
Manning, the favorite to win regular season MVP honors, set an NFL record with 55 touchdown passes against only 10 interceptions.
Article Courtesy: Sportspress Northwest
AFC Conference Championship Recap
NFC Conference Championship Recap
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
- Seahawks Rally Past 49ers to Super Bowl XLVIII
- Manning, Broncos Super Bowl Bound After Beating Patriots
- Russell Wilson: The Seahawks Indomitable Man
- Seahawks' Sherman: 'Crabtree is Mediocre'
- Seahawks vs 49ers: And The Edge Goes To ...
- Seahawks vs 49ers: The First Two Meetings
- NFC Championship: Seahawks WRs unworthy? Tate Says Wait
- Midseason Meet Prepared Seahawks for Gore
- Thomas: Seahawks 'Can Bully Whoever We Want'
- NFL Championship Weekend: What To Look For
- Four Teams Remain as NFL Enters Championship Weekend
- Broncos Hold off Chargers in 4th, Advance to AFC Championship
- Colin Kaepernick Shines as 49ers Beat Panthers to Advance to NFC Championship
- Legarrette Blount Runs Rampant Past Colts as Patriots Advance to AFC Title Game
- Marshawn Lynch Leads Seahawks Past Saints to NFC Title Game
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFL 2013 Divisional Weekend: What to Look For
- Late Field Goal Lifts 49ers Over Packers
- Chargers Shock Bengals 27-10
- Mark Ingram Fuels Saints Offense past Eagles
- Colts Post Comeback Win Over Wounded Chiefs
- NFL Playoff Best Performances and Playoff Records
- NFL 2013 Review: Record-Breaking Season Had It All!
Article: Copyright © 2014, iHaveNet.com
"Manning, Broncos Super Bowl Bound After Beating Patriots"