Atop the NFC North and in control of their own playoff destiny with two weeks remaining in the 2013 regular season, the Chicago Bears (8-6) travel to Philadelphia to face NFC East leading Philadelphia Eagles (8-6).
The Chicago Bears are in control in the NFC North. The Bears enter Week 16 play in first place in the NFC North. The Green Bay Packers are in second place at 7-6-1 and the Detroit Lions are third at 7-7. With a win and losses by both Detroit and Green Bay this week, the Bears will clinch the division. Chicago and Green Bay meet in Week 17. The Bears can also win the NFC North by winning their last two games, with a win this weekend and a tie next weekend or with one win over the last two contests and at least one loss by the Packers and one loss / tie by the Lions over the last two weeks.
"We've put ourselves in a position to compete for the division in the last two games," says Chicago head coach Marc Trestman. "But we've got to play better to win it."
The Philadelphia Eagles are in control in the NFC East.
With a win and a Dallas loss in Week 16, the Eagles clinch the division. Philadelphia and Dallas also meet in Week 17.
Trailing the Browns 24-17 entering the fourth quarter in Cleveland, the Chicago Bears scored on three straight fourth-quarter possessions to take a 38-24 lead en route to a 38-31 win.
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler returned to the lineup and threw three TD passes -- one each to Earl Bennett, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall. Jeffery (1,265 yards) and Marshall (1,185) have combined for 2,450 receiving yards, the most by teammates this season. The Bears also got a score on defense as cornerback Zack Bowman returned one of his two interceptions for a touchdown.
Last week, Eagles QB Nick Foles threw for a career-high 428 yards and WR DeSean Jackson reeled in 195 yards receiving, but Philadelphia unable to stop a strong offensive attack by Minnesota as they had their five-game winning streak snapped by the Vikings, 48-30.
The Eagles have the NFL's top rushing offense (152.9 yards per game) and rank second in the league in total offense (414.0). Quarterback Nick Foles has the NFL's best passer rating (117.0) and running back Le Sean McCoy leads the league in rushing yards (1,343) and scrimmage yards (1,850).
That said, this game will be decided by the running game -- the Bears won't be able to stop LeSean McCoy and the Eagles' top-rated rushing offense. The Bears lay claim to the NFL's the worst rushing defense in the NFL this season, allowing 152.4 rushing yards per game and 5.2 yards per carry.
The Bears will put of plenty of points on the board. But in the end, the Eagles rushing game will wear down the Bears defense.
Philadelphia Eagles 35, Chicago Bears 27
Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
Brian Billick previews the NFL 2013 Week 16 matchup between the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
- NFL 2013 Week 15 Preview: 25 Teams Still in Contention
- AFC Playoff Push Intensifies
- NFC Playoff Races Intensify
- NFL 2013 Week 15: Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- NFL 2013 Week 15: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: The Week That Was
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- December Drive
- Push for the Playoffs
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- NFC Players of the Month - November
- AFC Players of the Month - November
- NFL Rookies of the Month - November
- NFL 2013 Week 13: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 13: NFC Players of the Week
- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady
- London Fletcher Reaches Milestone
Article: Copyright © 2013, iHaveNet.com
"NFL 2013 Week 16: Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line "