San Francisco 49ers (12-4) at Green Bay Packers (8-7-1)
(Sunday, FOX, 4:40 PM ET)
For the fourth time since the start of the 2012 season, the 49ers and Packers will meet. This time, the San Francisco 49ers travel to Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Wild Card round of the 2013 NFL Playoffs
San Francisco has won all three previous meetings, including last year's Divisional Playoff (45-31) when quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards with two touchdowns and passed for 263 yards with two TDs. The two teams faced each other in Week 1 this season, with San Francisco winning, 34-28, at Candlestick Park. This marks the seventh postseason matchup between the 49ers and Packers, with Green Bay holding a 4-2 edge in the all-time series.
The 49ers enter the playoffs having won six games in a row.
"At this point, you don't care who you play," says 49ers wide receiver ANQUAN BOLDIN, who won a Super Bowl with Baltimore last year. "You're happy to be in the playoffs. You look forward to whoever you have to play. At this point, all teams are good. If not, they wouldn't be in the playoffs."
The 49ers finished out the 2013 regular season by defeating the Arizona Cardinals, to claim the 5th seed in the playoffs. The 49ers were led by QB Colin Kaepernick, who completed 21-34 passing atts. for 310 yards, 2 TDs and a passer rating over 100.0 for the third consecutive week. WR Anquan Boldin had a team-high 9 receptions for 149 yards and a TD, while TE Vernon Davis added a rec. TD of his own.
On defense, the Niners were led by Pro-Bowl LB NaVorro Bowman who recorded an INT for the second-consecutive game, 1 FF, 1 FR and 1.0 sack on the day. His INT led to 7 points, which gave the 49ers 129 points off of turnovers for the season. That marks the third highest total by the team since 1986.
The Packers advanced to the postseason by defeating Chicago 33-28 in Week 17 to claim the NFC North division title.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers connected with wide receiver Randall Cobb on the game-winning 48-yard touchdown pass on a fourth-and-eight play with just 38 seconds remaining.
Rodgers enters the playoffs with a career 103.6 postseason passer rating, the third-best mark in NFL history. Rodgers has completed 193 of 292 passes for a 66.1 completion percentage, the fifth-best mark in NFL Playoff History.
"We're in the playoffs," says Rodgers. "That's the important thing. I think the NFC is wide open."
Aaron Rodgers is back, the game is at Lambeau Field and it's going to be viciously cold.
Rodgers shook off the rust to lead the Packers over the Bears last week. Yes, the 49ers have a great defense. Yes, they will slow down Rodgers. But Rodgers will get enough points on the board for a Packer's victory. 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick, on the other hand, will not be able to outscore Rodgers and the Packers in near-zero degree weather.
Expect a close game, but the Packers should win 24 - 13
49ers Head to Green Bay in NFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup
Brian Billick previews the NFC Wild-Card matchup between the 49ers and Packers in Green Bay
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
- Seahawks vs 49ers: And The Edge Goes To ...
- Seahawks vs 49ers: The First Two Meetings
- NFC Championship: Seahawks WRs unworthy? Tate Says Wait
- Midseason Meet Prepared Seahawks for Gore
- Thomas: Seahawks 'Can Bully Whoever We Want'
- NFL Championship Weekend: What To Look For
- Four Teams Remain as NFL Enters Championship Weekend
- Broncos Hold off Chargers in 4th, Advance to AFC Championship
- Colin Kaepernick Shines as 49ers Beat Panthers to Advance to NFC Championship
- Legarrette Blount Runs Rampant Past Colts as Patriots Advance to AFC Title Game
- Marshawn Lynch Leads Seahawks Past Saints to NFC Title Game
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- Top‐Seeded Seahawks Host Saints in NFC Divisional Round
- Patriots Host Colts in AFC Divisional Round Matchup
- Panthers Host 49ers in NFC Divisional Round Matchup
- Broncos Host Chargers in AFC Divisional Round Matchup
- NFL 2013 Divisional Weekend: What to Look For
- NFL 2013 Divisional Playoffs: Injury Report
- Florida State Wideout Kelvin Benjamin Declares for NFL 2014 Draft
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Finalists Announced
- Johnny Manziel Joins 2014 NFL Draft
- Late Field Goal Lifts 49ers Over Packers
- Chargers Shock Bengals 27-10
- Mark Ingram Fuels Saints Offense past Eagles
- Colts Post Comeback Win Over Wounded Chiefs
- Titans Fire Head Coach Mike Munchak After Disappointing Finish
- Brandon Jacobs Announces Retirement
- NFL 2013 Wild Card Weekend Preview
- Colts Host Chiefs in AFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup
- Eagles Host Saints in NFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup
- Bengals Host Chargers in AFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup
- 49ers Head to Green Bay in NFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup
- NFL 2013 Wild Card Weekend: What to Look For
- NFL Playoff Best Performances and Playoff Records
- NFL 2013 Review: Record-Breaking Season Had It All!
- Giants Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride to Retire
- Bucs Hire Lovie Smith as Head Coach
- South Carolina Defensive End Jadeveon Clowney Enters NFL Draft
- Bears Sign Quarterback Jay Cutler to Seven-Year Deal
- NFL 2013 Regular Season Team Records and Milestones
- NFL 2013 Regular Season Individual Records and Milestones
- NFL 2013 Week 17: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 17: AFC Players of the Week
- Brandon Boykin Saves Day as Eagles Clinch NFC East
- Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb Connect as Packers Beat Bears
- NFL 2013 Week 17: The Week That Was
- Bucs Dismiss Schiano and GM Mark Dominik
- Browns Fire Head Coach Rob Chudzinski After One Season
- Jets Retain Rex Ryan as Head Coach
- NFL 2013 Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Schedule
- Houston Texans Hold First Pick in 2014 NFL Draft
- NFL 2014 Regular Season Opponents Determined
- Deion Sanders to Shun Brady and Manning for Pro Bowl
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
Article: Copyright © 2013, iHaveNet.com
"49ers Head to Green Bay in NFC Wild Card Playoff Matchup "