Peyton Manning Finds New Home with Broncos
Peyton Manning has decided on the Denver Broncos as his new team.
According to a report, Manning has instructed his agent Tom Condon to begin negotiations on a contract with the Broncos.
ESPN first reported Manning's decision citing unidentified sources. The report also said that the Broncos will attempt to trade Tim Tebow upon completion of the Manning deal and also attempt to acquire Manning's long-time center, Jeff Saturday.
A four-time NFL MVP, Manning informed Hall of Famer and Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway on Monday morning of his decision - and also told the other teams considered to be finalists for his services (the Tennessee Titans and San Francisco 49ers) of his choice as well.
"I want to thank the whole organization for their efforts in trying to sign Peyton and also to Peyton for the time he put into the process," Titans owner Bud Adams said. "Peyton called me this morning to inform me of his decision and obviously I am disappointed, because I thought we would be a perfect fit."
Manning was released on March 7 by the Indianapolis Colts, who elected not to pay the $28 million bonus owed to Manning and not pick up the four remaining years on his contract.
The Colts are expected to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck the top overall pick of the upcoming draft.
Manning missed the entire 2011 campaign after having his third neck surgery in 19 months. Prior to the 2011 season, Manning had never missed an NFL game in his 13-year career.
Peyton Manning to Sign with Denver Broncos
- Peyton Manning Finds New Home with Broncos
- Seahawks Sign Matt Flynn to Multi-Year Contract
- NFL 2012 Free Agent Signings and Trades Update
- Manning Reportedly Leaning Toward Denver and Arizona
- NFL Sets Salary Cap at $120.6 Million
- NFL Discloses 'Bounty Rule' Findings
- Tim Tebow Works on Passing Game with Quarterback Guru
- Giants Receiver Victor Cruz to Team: 'Throw Me The Money'
- Jets Wideout Santonio Holmes to Return for 2012 Season
- Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships
- Tim Tebow: Public Faith vs Private Faith
- Super again! Giants Take Title in Squeaker over Patriots
- Elite Eli Named Super Bowl XLVI MVP
- Eli Manning News Conference
- Eli Manning Walks the Walk
- Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin on Winning
- Cars, Canines and Kids Rule Super Bowl Ads
- Madonna: Queen of Super Bowl XLVI
- Finger 'Malfunction' Flap at Super Bowl
- Americans Consume 1.25 Billion Wings During Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVI Most-Watched TV Show Of All Time
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Summary
- Hour-Long Walk-Through Caps Patriots Practice
- Giants Ahmad Bradshaw Held Out of Friday's Practice
- Gronkowski Return Highlights Patriots Super Bowl XLVI Practice
- Manning On Target Throughout Giants Second Super Bowl Practice
- Super Bowl XLVI by the Numbers
- Oddsmakers Favor God, Family for Super Bowl Thanks
- Hottest 2012 Super Bowl Souvenir is a Hand-Knit Scarf
- Joe Namath Feels 'Awful' About Fraying Jets Bond
- Super Bowl XLVI Preview
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Capsules
- Getting To Super Bowl XLVI Last Minute Costs Plenty
- Giants Safety Rolle Confident in Super Bowl Chances
- 15 Percent Would Miss Birth of Child for Super Bowl
- Tynes Time: 31 Yard Field Goal Lifts Giants Over Niners in OT
- Patriots Survive: Advance to Super Bowl with Win Over Ravens
- Playoff Records, Facts, Figures and Milestones
- Regular Season Records and Milestones
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
Copyright 2012, AHN - All Rights Reserved