Coaching great Bill Parcells heads the list of 15 finalists for the 2012 Hall of Fame class, the Pro Football Hall of Fame released Saturday.
Parcels, who guided the New York Giants to Super Bowl titles in 1986 and 1990, banners this year's finalists for the 2012 Hall Fame class, which also includes former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, Los Angeles/ Oakland Raiders wideout Tim Brown, and Minnesota Vikings wideout Cris Carter.
The 39-year-old Bettis made it in six Pro-Bowl selections and captured a Super Bowl ring with the Steelers in 2005. He's currently sixth-leading rusher in NFL's history.
A former Heisman Trophy winner out of Notre Dame, Brown lived up to his hype as an athletic wide receiver, appearing in nine Pro-Bowls and making into the 1990s All-Decade Team.
Meanwhile, Carter emerged as a perennial Pro Bowl player in the 90s and finished his career with 1,101 receptions - a feat only six wideouts achieved in the history of the NFL.
Rounding up the list of finalist are Steelers center Dermontti Dawson, former 49ers owner Edward DeBartolo, Jr, Vikings linebacker Chris Doleman, Rams linebacker Kevin Greene, 49ers linebacker Charles Haley, Seahawks defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy, Giants running back Curtis Martin, Bills wideout Andre Reed, Saints offensive tackle Willie Roaf, Chiefs guard Will Shield, Cardinals safety Aeneas Williams
Steelers cornerback Jack Butler and Detroit Lions guard are the senior nominees for the 2012 Hall of Fame class.
The Hall of Fame Selection Committee is scheduled to meet in Indianapolis, Indiana on February 4, 2012.
- Final Eight Take Center Stage In Divisional Playoffs
- Wild Card Weekend: A Look Back
- Tebow, Broncos Stun Steelers in Overtime
- Giants Too Much for Falcons, Move On to Face Packers
- Foster's Two TDs Power Texans Past Bengals
- Drew Brees, Saints Tame Lions
- Raiders Dismiss Head Coach Hue Jackson
- LaDainian Tomlinson 'Contemplating' Retirement
- Robert Griffin III Headed to NFL
- Colts Set Sights on Andrew Luck as No. 1 in NFL Draft
- Star Running Back LaMichael James Leaving Oregon for NFL
- Oklahoma's Landry Jones, Wisconsin's Ball Return For Senior Campaigns
- Browns Seek Playmaker at Number 4
- Cleveland Browns Need Plenty of Help in Rugged AFC North
- Chiefs Plan to Keep Romeo Crennel as Head Coach
- Parcells Heads Up Potential NFL Hall of Fame List
- Playoff Records, Facts, Figures and Milestones
- Regular Season Records and Milestones
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: What to Look For
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
- NFL Football Firings
- Chicago Bears Dismiss GM After Poor Finish
- Manning, Cruz Pass Giants Over Cowboys into Playoffs
- In Like Flynn: Backup QB Powers Packers Past Lions
- Vick Leads Eagles Past Redskins For Fourth Straight Victory
- Colt McCoy says he wants to stay with Browns
- Giants Defensive End Osi Umenyiora Returns to Practice
- Patriots, 49ers Rack Up Most Pro Bowlers
- AFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- 2012 NFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- All on the Line in Final Week of Regular Season
- 2011 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- Packers Take Over for Cowboys as America's Team
- Blue Christmas: Brandon Jacobs Lays into Jets after Giants Win
- Victor Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Way as Giants Take Down Jets
- Brees Sets NFL Passing Record as Saints Rip Falcons
- Packers Wrap Up Top Seed in NFC
- Chargers Quarterback Not Happy Team will Miss NFL Playoffs Again
Copyright 2012, AHN - All Rights Reserved