Quarterback standouts Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III are assured to be this year's top picks but the rest of the draft order remains unclear as Thursday's NFL Entry Draft approaches.
GM Ryan Grigson confirmed the Colts will use their No.1 draft pick for Stanford Cardinal quarterback Andrew Luck, ushering a new era in the franchise following the departure of Peyton Manning this offseason.
"We didn't see the point in prolonging what the world already knows," Grigson told reporters Tuesday. "It's about Andrew and we wanted to do the right thing by him."
Meanwhile, the Washington Redskins also guaranteed the selection of Griffin as the No.2 overall draft pick in the 2012 NFL Entry Draft.
Griffin, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, has been viewed as a better overall athlete among quarterbacks in the draft pool but Luck's superb passing ability from the pocket was enough to get the Colts' nod.
With Luck and Griffin the top two picks, the No.3 overall pick remains a toss-up among LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon and USC left tackle Matt Kalil.
The Minnesota Vikings own the third overall pick in the draft.
2012 NFL Draft Preview
- Browns Trade Up to 3, Select Richardson; Luck-Griffin Go 1-2
- Mike Mayock's 2012 NFL Draft Preview
- 2012 NFL Schedule Announced
- 2012 NFL Week-by-Week Weekly Schedule
- 2012 NFL Team Schedules
- Peyton Manning, Broncos Get New Era Started
- Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III Lock for Top Two Picks in NFL Draft
- Bountygate: Gregg Williams Suspended Indefinitely; Sean Payton Out For Year
- Niners and Alex Smith Reunite After Peyton Pursuit
- Peyton Manning Finds New Home with Broncos
- Seahawks Sign Matt Flynn to Multi-Year Contract
- NFL 2012 Free Agent Signings and Trades Update
- Manning Reportedly Leaning Toward Denver and Arizona
- NFL Sets Salary Cap at $120.6 Million
- NFL Discloses 'Bounty Rule' Findings
- Tim Tebow Works on Passing Game with Quarterback Guru
- Giants Receiver Victor Cruz to Team: 'Throw Me The Money'
- Jets Wideout Santonio Holmes to Return for 2012 Season
- Top 10 Cities With the Most Sports Championships
- Tim Tebow: Public Faith vs Private Faith
- Super again! Giants Take Title in Squeaker over Patriots
- Elite Eli Named Super Bowl XLVI MVP
- Eli Manning News Conference
- Eli Manning Walks the Walk
- Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin on Winning
- Cars, Canines and Kids Rule Super Bowl Ads
- Madonna: Queen of Super Bowl XLVI
- Finger 'Malfunction' Flap at Super Bowl
- Americans Consume 1.25 Billion Wings During Super Bowl
- Super Bowl XLVI Most-Watched TV Show Of All Time
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Summary
- Hour-Long Walk-Through Caps Patriots Practice
- Giants Ahmad Bradshaw Held Out of Friday's Practice
- Gronkowski Return Highlights Patriots Super Bowl XLVI Practice
- Manning On Target Throughout Giants Second Super Bowl Practice
- Super Bowl XLVI by the Numbers
- Oddsmakers Favor God, Family for Super Bowl Thanks
- Hottest 2012 Super Bowl Souvenir is a Hand-Knit Scarf
- Joe Namath Feels 'Awful' About Fraying Jets Bond
- Super Bowl XLVI Preview
- Super Bowl XLVI Game Capsules
- Getting To Super Bowl XLVI Last Minute Costs Plenty
- Giants Safety Rolle Confident in Super Bowl Chances
- 15 Percent Would Miss Birth of Child for Super Bowl
- Tynes Time: 31 Yard Field Goal Lifts Giants Over Niners in OT
- Patriots Survive: Advance to Super Bowl with Win Over Ravens
- Playoff Records, Facts, Figures and Milestones
- Regular Season Records and Milestones
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
Copyright 2012, iHaveNet