Players of the Week
NFL 2011 Week 6
Running back RASHARD MENDENHALL of the Pittsburgh Steelers, cornerback DARRELLE REVIS of the New York Jets and kick returner-wide receiver JACOBY FORD of the Oakland Raiders are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the sixth week of the 2011 NFL season
OFFENSE: RB RASHARD MENDENHALL, PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Mendenhall rushed for a season-high 146 yards on 23 carries (6.3 average) with one touchdown in the Steelers 17-13 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Totaled 113 rushing yards in the first half on 12 carries (9.4 average).
Registered a career-long 68-yard run in the second quarter, setting up a 21-yard FG by SHAUN SUISHAM to give Pittsburgh a 17-0 lead.
Mendenhall's 146 rushing yards were an NFL-best in Week 6.
His 146 rush yards marked the fourth-highest single game rushing total of his career (151, 155, 165).
In his fourth year from Illinois, this is Mendenhall's second career Offensive Player of the Week Award. He previously won the award in 2009 (Week 4).
DEFENSE: CB DARRELLE REVIS, NEW YORK JETS
Revis recorded three tackles, four passes defensed and tied a career-high with two interceptions, including a 100-yard interception-return touchdown in the Jets 24-6 win over the Dolphins.
Revis' 100-yard interception-return touchdown tied for the longest INT-return TD in team history (AARON GLENN on September 15, 1996).
His two interceptions led the AFC in Week 6.
He posted the third game of his career with two interceptions and the Jets are 3-0 in such contests.
Through Week 6, the Jets' defense is tied for third in the NFL with nine interceptions.
In his fifth season from Pittsburgh, this is Revis' second career Defensive Player of the Week Award. He previously won the award in 2009 (Week 12).
SPECIAL TEAMS: KR-WR JACOBY FORD, OAKLAND RAIDERS
Ford totaled 138 kickoff return yards, including a 101-yard kickoff-return touchdown in the Raiders 24-17 win over Cleveland.
Ford, who played in his 20th career game on Sunday, joined TRAVIS WILLIAMS (four KR-TDs) as the only players in NFL history with at least four kickoff-return touchdowns in the first 20 games of a career.
His 101-yard kickoff-return touchdown tied a career long and ranked as the third-longest kickoff return for a touchdown in Raiders history.
Since entering the league in 2010, Ford's four kickoff-return touchdowns are an NFL-best.
In his second season from Clemson, this is Ford's third career Special Teams Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2010 (Week 16).
Running back AHMAD BRADSHAW of the New York Giants, safety KURT COLEMAN of the Philadelphia Eagles and kick returner-punt returner-wide receiver DEVIN HESTER of the Chicago Bears are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the sixth week of the 2011 season (October 16-17), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: RB AHMAD BRADSHAW, NEW YORK GIANTS
Bradshaw rushed for 104 yards and a career-high three touchdowns in the Giants 27-24 victory over Buffalo.
Scored all three of New York's touchdowns against the Bills, registering a one-yard rushing TD in each of the first three quarters.
Broke free for a 30-yard run in the fourth quarter, his longest of the day, to help set up LAWRENCE TYNES' game-winning 23-yard field goal with 1:32 remaining.
Accounted for 26 of the Giants' 31 rushing attempts (excluding kneel downs).
Leads the Giants with 390 rushing yards and five touchdowns this season.
In his fifth season from Marshall, this is Bradshaw's second career Offensive Player of the Week Award (Week 4, 2010).
He is the second Giant to be honored this season (ELI MANNING, Week 3).
DEFENSE: S KURT COLEMAN, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
Coleman posted three interceptions and six tackles in the Eagles' 20-13 win at Washington.
His three-INT performance was the 11th in team history and first since 10/23/66 (JOE SCARPATI vs. New York Giants).
Coleman's three INTs are the most by an NFL player in any game this season.
For the season, he is tied for first in the NFC and second in the NFL with three interceptions.
In his second year from Ohio State, this is Coleman's first career Player of the Week Award.
He is the first Eagle to win Defensive Player of the Week honors since 2008 (CHRIS CLEMONS, Week 17).
SPECIAL TEAMS: KR-PR-WR DEVIN HESTER, CHICAGO BEARS
Hester posted a 98-yard kickoff return touchdown and 48-yard TD catch in the Bears' 39-10 win over Minnesota.
Extended his NFL record with his 16th career kick-return touchdown. It was his 17th return touchdown overall (11 punt, 5 kickoff and one missed field goal), tied for second most in NFL history with ROD WOODSON and trailing only DEION SANDERS (19).
Hester also returned one punt for 27 yards and added 91 yards on five receptions. He is the third player since 1970 with a kickoff-return TD, touchdown catch and at least 90 receiving yards in a game, joining JACOBY FORD and RICKEY WATTS.
In his sixth season from Miami, this is Hester's 11th career Player of the Week Award and second of the season (Week 4).
Hester's 11 career Special Teams Player of the Week Awards are the most ever by a return specialist
His 11 total Player of the Week Awards are the most in franchise history.
FOX NFL Sunday: Week 6 Recap
- Great Games and Close Finishes On Display
- Defending Champion Packers Last Remaining Undefeated Team at 6-0
- Safeties Key in Slowing Down Passing Attack
- Redskins Replace Turnover-Prone Grossman at Quarterback
- Bengals Deal Quarterback Carson Palmer To Raiders
- Backfield Moves: Browns Sign Chris Ogbonnaya; Waive Armond Smith
- Players of the Week
- Seven From Sunday
- Jets Stop Slide with Win Over Dolphins But Still Have Room to Improve
- Jahvid Best's Rushing Talents Spark 5-1 Lions
- Perfect No More: 49ers Hand Lions First Loss Of Season
- Shaky Ending: Coaches' Confrontation Mars 49ers Victory Over Lions
- Giants Come Up with Enough Plays to Hold Off Bills 27-24
- Raiders Hold Off Browns, Lose QB Jason Campbell to Injury
- Roethlisberger, Defense Help Steelers Avoid Collapse vs Jaguars
- NFL 2011 Week 6 Preview: Unpredictability Reigns
- Seizing Every Opportunity: Red Zone TD Production
- Turnaround Teams Meet: Lions Host 49ers
- What to Look For
- Tim Tebow Expected to Make Adjustments as Broncos Starter
- Hometown Pride: Naaman Roosevelt Gets His Chance For Bills
- Jets Trade Wideout Derrick Mason to Texans
- Cleveland Browns Facing Questions Coming Off Early Bye Week
- Arizona Selected to Host 2015 Super Bowl
- Players of the Week: Week 5
- AFC and NFC Players of the Week
- Undefeated Lions Make Bears Their Fifth Victim
- Alex Smith's 3 TD Passes and Stifling Defense Lift 49ers Over Bucs
- Bills Top Eagles: Michael Vick Throws Four Picks
- Steelers Blowout Titans: Roethlisberger Connects on Five TD Strikes
- Drew Brees Directs Late Scoring Drive to Lead Saints Past Panthers
- Unpredictable NFL Enters Week 5
- Quarterbacks Key In Close Games
- Players of the Week
- Comeback Wins Highlight Unpredictability of NFL
- 'Prime Time' Deion Sanders, Redskins Tight End Cooley Knock Romo
- Ravens Defense Grounds Jets and Sanchez with Dominant Effort
- Hasselbeck Throws 3 TD Passes as Titans Rout Browns
- Foster 42-Yard TD Run Powers Texans Past Steelers
- Eagles Let 49ers Hang Around: Give One Away on Late TD Run
- Key Matchups Highlight NFL 2011 Week 4 Schedule
- Browns Need to Contain Chris Johnson to Top Titans
- Ankle Sprain Makes Jets Lineman Nick Mangold Iffy for Ravens
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Utilizing Painkiller Injections
- Bills 3-0 Start Keyed By Super Comebacks
- Terrelle Pryor's Appeal Denied: Raiders Quarterback Five-Game Ban Upheld
- Stafford's Impressive Start has Lions Fans Optimistic
- Fantasy Football Experts to Follow
- Vick's Complaints About Hits Elicit No Apologies from Giants Defense
- Players Back Rex Ryan in Verbal War Vs. Namath
- Nightmare Ends: Win Over Patriots Special for Bills
- New Book Shows Walter Payton as Complicated Man
- Legendary Coaches and Top Players Among Pro Football HOF Candidates
- NFL Players of the Week
- Eagles' Vick Criticizes Officials After Latest Injury
- Bills End 15-Game Losing Streak to Patriots
- Panthers Cam Newton Excels in Deep Passing Game
- McCoy to Massaquoi in Final Seconds Leads Browns Past Dolphins
- Mike Vick Full Participant at Eagles Practice
- NFL to Crack Down on Injury Gamesmanship
- Key Division Games Highlight Week 3
- Players of the Week
- Pressure On The Edge: Key to Slowing Down High-Powered Offenses
- Seven Teams Off to 2-0 Starts
- Browns Youngsters Could Help Team Get Off to Best Start in Years
- David Nelson Emerging as Fitzpatrick's Favorite Target
- Ailing Tony Romo Still May Lead Cowboys Offense
- NFL 2011 Week 2 Players of the Week
- Giants Bend-But-Don't Break Defense Beats Rams
- Romo Rallies Cowboys to OT Victory Over 49ers
- Dallas Escapes San Fran with Win But Not Without Injuries
- Fitzpatrick Scoring Strike Leads Bills Past Raiders
- Peyton Hillis Runs for Two TDs as Browns Hand Colts Another Loss
- Massaquoi Working His Way Back Into Browns Offense
- Lions Set Team Victory Margin Record In 45-Point Rout Over Chiefs
- Perfect So Far: Lions Off to 2-0 Start
- Players of the Week - Week 2
- D'qwell Jackson Could Be Force For Browns After Week 1 Effort
- Vick Ready to Return a Changed Man
- Texans Back Arian Foster Returns to Practice
- Versatile Brad Smith Wears Many Hats for Buffalo Bills
- Week 2 NFL 2011 Preview
- NFL 2011 Week 1 Players of the Week
- Tom Brady Picks Up Where He Left Off: Shreds Dolphins Defense
- Records and Milestones Abound
- Players of the Week Kickoff Weekend
- Romo Sets Cowboys Up For Victory Before Giving Game Away
- Brian Urlacher and Jay Cutler Star as Bears Crush Falcons
- Bengals Score Two Late Touchdowns to Stun Browns
- Colt Mccoy Era Gets Off to Slow Start in Cleveland
- Rodgers 3 TD Strikes Help Packers Top Saints 42 - 34
- ESPN and NFL Extend Monday Night Football Deal through 2021
- Dallas Cowboys Top List of NFL's Most Valuable Teams
- Still Recovering Peyton Manning Won't Be Behind Center for Colts
- Super Bowl MVP Quarterbacks Meet in Thursday Night Kickoff
- AFC Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- NFL to Remember Resilient Spirit of America on September 11
- Week 1 NFL 2011 Preview
- Colts Peyton Manning May Miss Season Opener
- Browns Pick Up Three Off Waivers to Prepare for Opener
- Tom Brady Won't Let So-So Preseason Affect Desire and Focus
- Hamstring Injury Makes Texans Arian Foster Iffy for Opener
- Kerry Collins Glad To Be A Colt
- Terrelle Pryor Expects to Join Raiders Soon
- Injuries are Giant Concern as Season Approaches
- Browns Defense Improving as Test with Eagles Awaits
- Plaxico Burress Catches Touchdown Pass For Jets in NFL Return
- Cardinals Offense Bolstered with Larry Fitzgerald's New Multi-Year Deal
- Return to Titletown
- Packers and Saints Kick Off NFL 2011 Season
- NFL 2011 Kickoff Weekend Streaks
- NFL 2011 Headline Games
- NFL 2011 Strength Of Schedule
- NFL 2011 Division Titles: Up For Grabs
- NFL 2011: From Worst to First
- Overtime Excitement
- Top Superlative? Run The Ball!
- Turnovers Are Key To Victory
- Players of the Week in 2011 - Player Milestones
- Quarterback Success
- Peyton Manning
- Matt Ryan Keeps on Winning
- Young Quarterbacks on the Rise
- Protecting The Quarterback
- Quarterbacks of the Future
- Running Backs: Good Things Come in Pairs
- La Dainian Tomlinson Closes in on More TD Records
- Adrian Peterson Amassing the Rushing Numbers
- Chris Johnson Titanic Performance
- Arian Foster Tops NFL in Rushing
- Chiefs' Jamaal Charles in Charge
- Double Trouble Running Backs
- Big Play Excitement
- Receivers Making a Splash
- Tight Ends on the Rise
- Be-Ware of De Marcus Ware
- Thank Devin Hester
- Colts Look to Keep Playoff Streak Alive
- Best NFL Records: Past 10 Years
- London Year 5: Buccaneers vs Bears
- NFL 2011 - Total Miles Traveled
- NFL 2011 - Team Victories Milestones
- New NFL Rules For 2011 Season
- Super Bowl XLVI: Indianapolis to Host First Super Bowl
- The Forward Pass is Legalized
- NFL Marks Anniversary of Historic African-American Signings
- The 'Longest Game'
- Football's Popularity in High School Keeps Growing
- Eight Colleges to Add Football Programs in 2011
- Super Bowl Game Changing Interceptions
- Cam Newton Debuts: Panthers Rip Giants in Preseason Opener
- Colt McCoy Sharp as Browns Top Defending Champion Packers
- Andy Dalton Upbeat Despite Rough Start In QB Debut For Bengals
- Matthew Stafford Return Ignites Lions To Easy Preseason Win versus Bengals
- Mark Ingram Powers Saints in Knocking Out 49ers in Preseason
- Rex Grossman Off to Strong Start as Redskins Top Steelers
- Josh Freeman TD Run Sparks Bucs Preseason Win Over Chiefs
- Former Vikings Coach Brad Childress Opens Up About Tumultuous Time in Minnesota
- Rex Grossman Says Redskins Deep Enough To Win NFC East
- Spain Draws France in Qualifier for 2014 World Cup
- Chelios, Tkachuk, Suter Among U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees
- Eagles Bold and Aggressive: Land Prized Free Agents
- New-Look Browns Could Get Boost From Rookie Receiver Greg Little
- Raiders Sign Linebacker Kamerion Wimbley to Five-Year Deal
- Plaxico Burress Heading to Jets
- Giants Give Osi Umenyiora Permission to Seek Trade
- Giants Sign Ahmad Bradshaw to Four-Year Deal
- Jets Retain Antonio Cromartie
Copyright 2011, iHaveNet.com - All Rights Reserved