The Philadelphia Eagles went out with a win and now have the whole offseason to lament what might have been.
Michael Vick threw for 335 yards and three touchdowns as the Eagles wrapped up the season Sunday with a 34-10 victory over the Washington Redskins.
The win was Philadelphia's fourth straight but the win streak was too little, too late. Blown leads in losses to Atlanta, San Francisco, Arizona and a few others are why the Eagles are going home instead of the playoffs.
Tight end Brent Celek and DeSean Jackson each had 86 yards receiving with a touchdown for Philadelphia (8-8), which finished with a 5-1 record against NFC East opponents.
Dion Lewis ran for 58 yards and a touchdown for the Eagles with LeSean McCoy, who entered as the NFL's second-leading rusher, out with a sprained ankle.
Vick thew a 7-yard scoring strike to Chad Hall in the second quarter to give the Eagles a 10-0 lead.
Jackson hauled in a 62-yard touchdown early in the fourth and Celek caught a 4-yard TD pass with six minutes remaining.
Rex Grossman was 22 of 45 for 256 yards and a touchdown while Evan Royster gained 113 yards on 20 carries for Washington (5-11), which has lost five of its last six against Philadelphia.
- Manning, Cruz Pass Giants Over Cowboys into Playoffs
- In Like Flynn: Backup QB Powers Packers Past Lions
- Vick Leads Eagles Past Redskins For Fourth Straight Victory
- Colt McCoy says he wants to stay with Browns
- Giants Defensive End Osi Umenyiora Returns to Practice
- Patriots, 49ers Rack Up Most Pro Bowlers
- AFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- 2012 NFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- All on the Line in Final Week of Regular Season
- 2011 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- Packers Take Over for Cowboys as America's Team
- Blue Christmas: Brandon Jacobs Lays into Jets after Giants Win
- Victor Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Way as Giants Take Down Jets
- Brees Sets NFL Passing Record as Saints Rip Falcons
- Packers Wrap Up Top Seed in NFC
- Chargers Quarterback Not Happy Team will Miss NFL Playoffs Again
- Adrian Peterson Suffers Torn ACL in Vikings Costly Win vs Redskins
- David Akers Nails Game-Winning Field Goal as 49ers Edge Seahawks
- Eagles Handle Cowboys with Ease
- Flacco, Ravens Crush Browns: Close in on AFC North Crown
- Bills Intercept Tebow Four Times, Crush Broncos
- Lions Crush Chargers: Clinch First NFL Playoff Spot Since 1999
- Janikowski Field Goal Gives Raiders OT Win Over Chiefs
- Bengals Jump Out Early, Hold on Late Against Cardinals
- Brady Rallies Patriots Past Dolphins and First-Round Bye in AFC Playoffs
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- AFC Playoff Picture
- NFC Playoff Picture
- NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFL to Stream Super Bowl for First Time
- 49ers Overcome Power Outage and Steelers in Big Win
- Packers Lose, Colts Win on Wild NFL Sunday
- Orton and Succup Deliver Goods: Chiefs End Packers Perfect Season
- Cardinals Push Win Streak to Four with OT Victory Against Browns
- Dolphins Interim Head Coach Todd Bowles Gets First Win
- Romo Sharp: Cowboys Blow Out Bucs
- Playoff Races Heat Up: 22 Teams in Playoff Contention
- NFL to Remain on Broadcast TV
- Matt Ryan, Falcons Rip Jaguars 41-14
- Vikings QB Joe Webb Weaves Magic
- Stafford, Levy Come Through as Lions Pursue Playoff Spot
- Dolphins Fire Head Coach Tony Sparano
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved