Chicago Bears Pummel Detroit Lions 37-17
The Chicago Bears cruised to their fourth straight victory as the team's secondary defense stepped up to maul the Detroit Lions, 37-17 at Soldier Field.
Cornerback Tim Jennings recorded 10 tackles and an interception, while Charles Tillman and Major Wright both picked off passes from Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford and returned them for a touchdown.
With Bears quarterback Jay Cutler struggling, the Bears leaned on their running game early on as back Matt Forte opened things up with a 6-yard rushing TD and punt returner Devin Hester returned a kick 82 yards for a score.
The Lions finally came up with something offensively as kicker Jason Hanson converted two consecutive field goals just before the break.
However, the Bears defense proved to be relentless as Wright and Tillman posted back-to-back interception touchdown returns to pad their team's lead to 34-6.
Stafford, who covered 329 yards but committed four interceptions in the match, hooked up with tight end Tony Scheffler for a 10-yard TD pass.
The Bears wrapped up the game with another strong defensive play late and booked their fourth straight victory.
After passing for two touchdowns in the Bears 30-24 win against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 9, Cutler threw 9-for-19 for 123 yards.
Nevertheless, the win gave the Bears (6-3) moved in a tie with the Lions (6-3) for second place in the NFC North behind the undefeated Green Bay Packers (8-0).
The Bears will try to extend their winning streak next week against the San Diego Chargers, while the Lions look to bounce back against the Carolina Panthers.
Favorite Plays of the Week: NFL 2011 Week 10
- Defense Comes Up Big as 49ers Stop Giants, Eli Manning
- Chicago Bears Pummel Detroit Lions 37-17
- Rams Do Just Enough to Edge Offensively-Challenged Browns
- Dolphins Break Home Losing Streak with Win Over Redskins
- Raiders Top Bolts to Take AFC West Lead
- Albert Haynesworth Could Be a Fit for Bucs Defensive Front
- Return Of Thursday Night Football Kicks Off NFL 2011 Second Half
- Halfway Home: AFC Midseason Projections
- Halfway Home: NFC Midseason Projections
- Week 9: Seven From Sunday
- Bears Wideout Earl Bennett has Another Big Game vs Eagles
- Lack of Offense Problem Once Again for Cleveland Browns
- Texans Run Over Browns for Third Straight Win
Jets Pound Bills on Both Sides of Ball
Take Share Of AFC East Lead
- Romo's Two Second-Half TD Passes Power Cowboys Past Seahawks
- Brees Throws Two TDs to Lead Saints Past Buccaneers
- Season Approaches Midpoint Plenty of Exciting Football Ahead
- Tebow Remains Cool Amid Harsh Criticism
- Giants Ahmad Bradshaw Dealing With Foot Fracture
- Versatile Running Backs Matt Forte & Le Sean McCoy Featured on MNF
- Broncos Sticking with Tebow at Quarterback
- NFL 2011 Week 8: Seven From Sunday
- Chiefs Outlast Chargers in Overtime
- Browns Offensive Woes Start with Rushing Attack
- Big Ben Lifts Steelers Over Patriots in Key AFC Showdown
- Giants Fourth Quarter Rally Keeps Dolphins Winless
- High-Scoring Games and Comeback Wins Galore as NFL Enters Week 8
- AFC Rookies: Reaching New Heights
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- No to TO: Quarterback Palmer Respects Owens, But Likes Raiders Wideouts
- Eagles Cornerback Asante Samuel Critical of Team's Management
- Bears Release Chris Harris; Safety Requested Trade After Benching
- Players of the Week NFL 2011 Week 7
- Ryan's Express: Falcons Quarterback Proves Value
- Joe Thomas Doesn't Think Browns Offensive Line is Tipping Its Hand
- Hardesty Carries Rushing Load For Browns
- NFL 2011 Week 7: Seven From Sunday
- Cam Newton Collects TD Run, Pass as Panthers Top Slumping Redskins
- Falcons Defense Prevails in Victory Over Lions
- Green Bay Packers Improve to 7-0 with Win Over Pesky Vikings
- Phil Dawson Kicks Two 50-Yard Field Goals, Leads Browns Past Seahawks
- Chiefs Defense Records Six Interceptions to Stifle Raiders
- Great Games and Close Finishes On Display
- 49ers Quarterback Alex Smith Excited Over 5-1 Start
- Rex Ryan Regretful; Chargers Turner Takes Dig at Jets Coach in War of Words
- Raiders QB Jason Campbell Likely Looking at End of Oakland Stay
- Holmgren Set to Coach vs Former Team When Seahawks Visit Cleveland
- Contract Talks between Browns and Peyton Hillis at Standstill
- Defending Champion Packers Last Remaining Undefeated Team at 6-0
- Safeties Key in Slowing Down Passing Attack
- Redskins Replace Turnover-Prone Grossman at Quarterback
- Bengals Deal Quarterback Carson Palmer To Raiders
- Backfield Moves: Browns Sign Chris Ogbonnaya; Waive Armond Smith
- Players of the Week
- Seven From Sunday
- Jets Stop Slide with Win Over Dolphins But Still Have Room to Improve
- Jahvid Best's Rushing Talents Spark 5-1 Lions
- Perfect No More: 49ers Hand Lions First Loss Of Season
- Shaky Ending: Coaches' Confrontation Mars 49ers Victory Over Lions
- Giants Come Up with Enough Plays to Hold Off Bills 27-24
- Raiders Hold Off Browns, Lose QB Jason Campbell to Injury
- Roethlisberger, Defense Help Steelers Avoid Collapse vs Jaguars
- NFL 2011 Week 6 Preview: Unpredictability Reigns
- Seizing Every Opportunity: Red Zone TD Production
- Turnaround Teams Meet: Lions Host 49ers
Copyright 2011, iHaveNet.com - All Rights Reserved