Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
New York, NY
Marketers hoping to buy ad time for the 2012 Super Bowl are out of luck.
Commercial time for Super Bowl XLVI is sold out. All of the 30-second slots, sold for a record $3.5 million, were taken by Thanksgiving, according to NBC's marketing group.
This year, there will be fewer 30-second spots and more long-form ads of 60 seconds or more.
Volkswagen, which featured a child in a Darth Vader costume who believes his "force" starts a VW in a hugely popular 2011 spot, will return for a longer 60-second slot in 2012.
General Motors is back with five ads, and Toyota, Hyundai and Kia are also all returning.
Among first timers are yogurt maker Dannon and real estate giant Century 21.
Celebrities are highly featured. Look for Troy Aikman, Deion Sanders, Danica Patrick, Jillian Michaels and the Pussycat Dolls.
And the popular amateur Doritos commercials will return. A spokesperson for the chip maker said a record 6,100 submissions for its annual Crash the Super Bowl contest have been received.
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: What to Look For
- Record-Breaking Regular Season Had It All
- Super Bowl Ads Sold Out
- NFL Football Firings
- Chicago Bears Dismiss GM After Poor Finish
- Manning, Cruz Pass Giants Over Cowboys into Playoffs
- In Like Flynn: Backup QB Powers Packers Past Lions
- Vick Leads Eagles Past Redskins For Fourth Straight Victory
- Colt McCoy says he wants to stay with Browns
- Giants Defensive End Osi Umenyiora Returns to Practice
- Patriots, 49ers Rack Up Most Pro Bowlers
- AFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- 2012 NFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- All on the Line in Final Week of Regular Season
- 2011 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- Packers Take Over for Cowboys as America's Team
- Blue Christmas: Brandon Jacobs Lays into Jets after Giants Win
- Victor Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Way as Giants Take Down Jets
- Brees Sets NFL Passing Record as Saints Rip Falcons
- Packers Wrap Up Top Seed in NFC
- Chargers Quarterback Not Happy Team will Miss NFL Playoffs Again
- Adrian Peterson Suffers Torn ACL in Vikings Costly Win vs Redskins
- David Akers Nails Game-Winning Field Goal as 49ers Edge Seahawks
- Eagles Handle Cowboys with Ease
- Flacco, Ravens Crush Browns: Close in on AFC North Crown
- Bills Intercept Tebow Four Times, Crush Broncos
- Lions Crush Chargers: Clinch First NFL Playoff Spot Since 1999
- Janikowski Field Goal Gives Raiders OT Win Over Chiefs
- Bengals Jump Out Early, Hold on Late Against Cardinals
- Brady Rallies Patriots Past Dolphins and First-Round Bye in AFC Playoffs
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- AFC Playoff Picture
- NFC Playoff Picture
- NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFL to Stream Super Bowl for First Time
- 49ers Overcome Power Outage and Steelers in Big Win
- Packers Lose, Colts Win on Wild NFL Sunday
- Orton and Succup Deliver Goods: Chiefs End Packers Perfect Season
- Cardinals Push Win Streak to Four with OT Victory Against Browns
- Dolphins Interim Head Coach Todd Bowles Gets First Win
- Romo Sharp: Cowboys Blow Out Bucs
- Playoff Races Heat Up: 22 Teams in Playoff Contention
- NFL to Remain on Broadcast TV
- Matt Ryan, Falcons Rip Jaguars 41-14
- Vikings QB Joe Webb Weaves Magic
- Stafford, Levy Come Through as Lions Pursue Playoff Spot
- Dolphins Fire Head Coach Tony Sparano
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved