LSU Gives Les Miles Two-Year Extension, Pay Raise
Baton Rouge, LA
Head football coach Les Miles has agreed to a two-year extension with LSU that will increase his salary by $549,000, raising his yearly income to $4.3 million until 2019.
The new contract must be approved by the LSU Board of Supervisors at a Feb. 1 meeting, according to the press statement issued by the university.
Miles' previous contract paid him $3.751 million a year and was due to expire in 2017.
"Les Miles is one of the most successful coaches in America and he has the LSU program in position to compete for championships each and every year in the most dominant football conference in the country," LSU athletic director Joe Alleva said in a statement.
"He recruits at an elite level, his players graduate and he is a respected member of the community. We are proud he will lead the LSU football program for the long-term future," he added.
Miles is second in LSU history in wins with an 85-21 record, trailing only Charles McClendon.
During his eight years with the team, he has led LSU to three SEC West titles, two SEC titles, two trips to the BCS national championship game and a BCS national championship.
Under Miles, LSU has won at least 10 games in three straight seasons and posted the only perfect 13-0 regular season in school history in 2011.
Aside from his salary, LSU will pay $150,000 each year of the agreement into an account owned and controlled by the university.
Under the terms, Miles can collect the funds in the account totaling $750,000 after serving the first five years of the contract. He can collect the final $300,000 in the account if he serves the final two years of the contract.
- Utah Hires Dennis Erickson as Co-offensive Coordinator
- Nike Co-Founder Now Believes Freeh Report Tarnished Paterno's Reputation
- Big East Eyes Split with 'Catholic 7' before 2014 Season
- Sue Paterno Defends Late Husband in Letter to Penn State Players
- Committee of 14-20 Members to Decide BCS Four-team Football Semifinal
- Judge Rejects NCAA Motion to Stop Anti-Trust Suit Filed by Ex-Players
- Football Schools to Fight for Big East Brand
- Manti Te'o and Looking Down at The Screen Decade
- NCAA Investigates Own Enforcement Program
- Te'o Claims Sorrow For Death of 'Girlfriend' Was Real
- Florida State QBs Coach Joins Miami as Offensive Coordinator
- LSU Gives Les Miles Two-Year Extension, Pay Raise
- Diane O'Meara Speaks About Te'o girlfriend Hoax
- Manti Te'o Breaks His Silence
- Businesses Try to Cash in on Manti Te'o Hoax
- Manti Te'o Denies Having Part in Girlfriend Hoax
- Texas A&M Rewards Kevin Sumlin with Pay Increase
- Oregon Promotes Offensive Coordinator Mark Helfrich to Head Coach
- Virginia Tech Completes Football Coaching Staff Overhaul
- Mississippi Prep Wideout Laquon Treadwell Commits to Ole Miss
- Man Reportedly Confessed Manti Te'o Girlfriend Hoax to Friend
- Chip Kelly leaves Oregon to coach NFL's Eagles
- Heisman Hopeful's Hoax? Notre Dame's Te'o Girlfriend's Death is Fake
- Quarterback Logan Thomas Staying at Virginia Tech
- Standout Prep Defensive End Tim Williams Commits to Alabama
- Notre Dame Running Back Cierre Wood to Enter NFL Draft
- USC Dismisses Kevin O'Neill as Basketball Coach After 7-10 Start
- Urban Meyer Admits Ohio State Has Challenge to Keep Up with Alabama
- Trio of Alabama Juniors, Including Running Back Lacy, to Join NFL Draft
- UCLA Rewards Football Coach Jim Mora with One-Year Contract Extension
- AJ McCarron's Girlfriend Katherine Webb is BCS Game Winner
- Syracuse Promotes Defensive Coordinator Scott Shafer to Head Coach
- Fighting Irish Loss is Urban Meyer's Gain
- Alabama Crushes Notre Dame for BCS National Title
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved