Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
After speaking with SEC teams Arkansas and Tennessee about possibilities of filling their coaching vacancies, coach Mike Gundy has decided to stay with Oklahoma State, according to sources.
Last year, the Cowboys gave Gundy a four-year contract extension, extending his deal at Oklahoma State to eight years.
Also last year, the Cowboys had the best reason in school history with a 12-1 record and won the Fiesta Bowl after beating No. 4 Stanford.
This season, the Cowboys finished 7-5 and will tackle Purdue in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year's Day.
Gundy, who was quarterback at Oklahoma State from 1986-89, is the school's all-time winningest coach with 66 wins to his credit.
Gundy's went 4-7 in his first year with the Cowboys - his only losing season with the school - before turning the football program around.
"Mike Gundy has done an exceptional job, not only this season, but also since he was hired in January of 2005 in building a championship football program," Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis said last year.
"He's done it the right way. He demands his student-athletes give the same dedication and effort in the classroom as they do on the field," Hargis added.
- Western Kentucky Hires Bobby Petrino as Head Football Coach
- Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
- Frosh Choice: Texas A&M Quarterback Manziel Captures Heisman
- Big Ten Expansion Meant to Keep Penn State
- Alvarez Makes One-Day Coaching Comeback for Wisconsin
- Football Coach Charlie Strong Stays with Louisville
- Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
- Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
- Bielema Takes Arkansas Football Post; Malzahn to Coach Auburn
- Historic, Tight Heisman Trophy Race Between Manziel and Te'o
- Notre Dame and Alabama to Clash for BCS Title
- Ex-Utah Basketball Coach Rick Majerus Dies of Heart Failure at 64
- North Carolina State Hires Dave Doeren as Football Coach
- Oklahoma Shares Big 12 Title with Kansas State
- Hubert, Klein Carry No. 7 Kansas State to Big 12 Title
- Lacy, McCarron Star as Alabama Tops Georgia for SEC Title
- No. 8 Stanford Tops No. 17 UCLA, Clinches Pac-12 Football Title
- Jon Gruden Turns Down Tennessee Coaching Job
- Johnny Football Craze Gets a Soundtrack
- Monte Kiffin to Depart Southern Cal After Bowl Game
- ACC Chooses Louisville over UConn, Cincinnati
- Bill O'Brien to Stay as Penn State Football Coach
- Rivalry Week: Army vs Navy
- 2012 Big Ten Championship Preview
- 2012 PAC-12 Championship Preview
- 2012 BCS Championship Dream Matchup
- Kentucky Hires Florida State Assistant Mark Stoops as Head Coach
- Tulane and East Carolina to Join Big East in 2014
- Die-Hard BYU Basketball Fans Try to Recruit Jabari Parker
- Heisman Contender Johnny Manziel Calls First Season Incredibly Surreal
- Notre Dame's Manti for Heisman?
- Georgia QB Murray Shuns Media Ahead Of Showdown vs Alabama
- Notre Dame Survives USC, Secures Spot in BCS Championship Game
- Riddick, Brindza Lift No. 1 Notre Dame Into BCS Title Game
- Aaron Murray Throws Two TDs; Georgia Rips Rival Georgia Tech
- College Football Coaching Trio Dumped After Disappointing Seasons
- BCS Championship on the Line for Notre Dame
- Marion Grice Runs for Three TDs, Arizona State Tops Arizona
- LSU's SEC Championship Bid Alive After Win over Arkansas
- Burkhead Carries Nebraska over Iowa, Into Big Ten Title Game
- Morehead State Suspends Coach Sean Woods for One Game
- Jack Taylor Nets Record 138 Points in Division III Hoops
- NCAA Investigating Auburn Football on Recruitment
- ESPN to Broadcast College Football Playoff Games Starting 2014
- Rutgers Leaves Big East to Join Big Ten
- Georgia Savors Chance for BCS Football Title
- Shoulder Injury Shelves Southern Cal Quarterback Matt Barkley
- Minnesota Coach Kill Shrugs Off Wideout's Abuse Accusations
- Tennessee Terminates Coach Dooley After Loss to Vandy
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved