Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
West Lafayette, IN
Purdue named Darrell Hazell its football coach. No contract terms were released immediately.
"Darrell is a great fit to build on our existing foundation," said Purdue athletic director Morgan Burke.
Burke made it clear after firing Danny Hope that he wanted an offense-minded coach. Hazell guided the Kent Stated Golden Flashes to an 11-2 record and a MAC East Division title in his second season.
He has two years of head-coaching experience and served as an assistant under Jim Tressel in Ohio State from 2004-2010. Hazell coached the Buckeyes' receivers and served as assistant head coach for his final six seasons.
He was instrumental in Ohio State's offensive game plans.
As a Tressel disciple, Hazell places an emphasis on special teams and turnover margin, two areas where Kent State excelled this season.
A New Jersey native who worked as an assistant at Rutgers, Hazell's ties to New Jersey should be beneficial in recruiting.
- Western Kentucky Hires Bobby Petrino as Head Football Coach
- Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
- Frosh Choice: Texas A&M Quarterback Manziel Captures Heisman
- Big Ten Expansion Meant to Keep Penn State
- Alvarez Makes One-Day Coaching Comeback for Wisconsin
- Football Coach Charlie Strong Stays with Louisville
- Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
- Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
- Bielema Takes Arkansas Football Post; Malzahn to Coach Auburn
- Historic, Tight Heisman Trophy Race Between Manziel and Te'o
- Notre Dame and Alabama to Clash for BCS Title
- Ex-Utah Basketball Coach Rick Majerus Dies of Heart Failure at 64
- North Carolina State Hires Dave Doeren as Football Coach
- Oklahoma Shares Big 12 Title with Kansas State
- Hubert, Klein Carry No. 7 Kansas State to Big 12 Title
- Lacy, McCarron Star as Alabama Tops Georgia for SEC Title
- No. 8 Stanford Tops No. 17 UCLA, Clinches Pac-12 Football Title
- Jon Gruden Turns Down Tennessee Coaching Job
- Johnny Football Craze Gets a Soundtrack
- Monte Kiffin to Depart Southern Cal After Bowl Game
- ACC Chooses Louisville over UConn, Cincinnati
- Bill O'Brien to Stay as Penn State Football Coach
- Rivalry Week: Army vs Navy
- 2012 Big Ten Championship Preview
- 2012 PAC-12 Championship Preview
- 2012 BCS Championship Dream Matchup
- Kentucky Hires Florida State Assistant Mark Stoops as Head Coach
- Tulane and East Carolina to Join Big East in 2014
- Die-Hard BYU Basketball Fans Try to Recruit Jabari Parker
- Heisman Contender Johnny Manziel Calls First Season Incredibly Surreal
- Notre Dame's Manti for Heisman?
- Georgia QB Murray Shuns Media Ahead Of Showdown vs Alabama
- Notre Dame Survives USC, Secures Spot in BCS Championship Game
- Riddick, Brindza Lift No. 1 Notre Dame Into BCS Title Game
- Aaron Murray Throws Two TDs; Georgia Rips Rival Georgia Tech
- College Football Coaching Trio Dumped After Disappointing Seasons
- BCS Championship on the Line for Notre Dame
- Marion Grice Runs for Three TDs, Arizona State Tops Arizona
- LSU's SEC Championship Bid Alive After Win over Arkansas
- Burkhead Carries Nebraska over Iowa, Into Big Ten Title Game
- Morehead State Suspends Coach Sean Woods for One Game
- Jack Taylor Nets Record 138 Points in Division III Hoops
- NCAA Investigating Auburn Football on Recruitment
- ESPN to Broadcast College Football Playoff Games Starting 2014
- Rutgers Leaves Big East to Join Big Ten
- Georgia Savors Chance for BCS Football Title
- Shoulder Injury Shelves Southern Cal Quarterback Matt Barkley
- Minnesota Coach Kill Shrugs Off Wideout's Abuse Accusations
- Tennessee Terminates Coach Dooley After Loss to Vandy
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved