Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
University of Colorado has hired San Jose State mentor Mike MacIntyre as its new football coach, replacing Jon Embree, who was fired after compiling a 1-11 record last season.
According to reports, Colorado has signed MacIntyre to a five-year deal worth $2 million a year, four times his salary at San Jose State.
MacIntyre's decision to take over the woeful Buffaloes football program came as a surprise as he recently steered San Jose State to its first 10-win season in 25 years and a No. 24 ranking in the BCS and coaches poll.
However, it was unclear if MacIntyre will coach the Spartans when they face Bowling Green in the Military Bowl on Dec. 27 or immediately tackle his job as the 25th full-time head coach in Colorado history.
MacIntyre helped turned around the Spartans' football program from a 1-12 in his first season to a 10-game winner in his third year.
The Buffaloes are hoping that MacIntyre can do the same in their football program, which finished 4-21 in two seasons under Embree and had seven straight losing seasons.
Earlier, the Buffaloes asked Cincinnati's Butch Jones to fill the spot left by Embree. Jones declined and eventually accepted the head coaching job at Tennessee.
- Western Kentucky Hires Bobby Petrino as Head Football Coach
- Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
- Frosh Choice: Texas A&M Quarterback Manziel Captures Heisman
- Big Ten Expansion Meant to Keep Penn State
- Alvarez Makes One-Day Coaching Comeback for Wisconsin
- Football Coach Charlie Strong Stays with Louisville
- Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
- Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
- Bielema Takes Arkansas Football Post; Malzahn to Coach Auburn
- Historic, Tight Heisman Trophy Race Between Manziel and Te'o
- Notre Dame and Alabama to Clash for BCS Title
- Ex-Utah Basketball Coach Rick Majerus Dies of Heart Failure at 64
- North Carolina State Hires Dave Doeren as Football Coach
- Oklahoma Shares Big 12 Title with Kansas State
- Hubert, Klein Carry No. 7 Kansas State to Big 12 Title
- Lacy, McCarron Star as Alabama Tops Georgia for SEC Title
- No. 8 Stanford Tops No. 17 UCLA, Clinches Pac-12 Football Title
- Jon Gruden Turns Down Tennessee Coaching Job
- Johnny Football Craze Gets a Soundtrack
- Monte Kiffin to Depart Southern Cal After Bowl Game
- ACC Chooses Louisville over UConn, Cincinnati
- Bill O'Brien to Stay as Penn State Football Coach
- Rivalry Week: Army vs Navy
- 2012 Big Ten Championship Preview
- 2012 PAC-12 Championship Preview
- 2012 BCS Championship Dream Matchup
- Kentucky Hires Florida State Assistant Mark Stoops as Head Coach
- Tulane and East Carolina to Join Big East in 2014
- Die-Hard BYU Basketball Fans Try to Recruit Jabari Parker
- Heisman Contender Johnny Manziel Calls First Season Incredibly Surreal
- Notre Dame's Manti for Heisman?
- Georgia QB Murray Shuns Media Ahead Of Showdown vs Alabama
- Notre Dame Survives USC, Secures Spot in BCS Championship Game
- Riddick, Brindza Lift No. 1 Notre Dame Into BCS Title Game
- Aaron Murray Throws Two TDs; Georgia Rips Rival Georgia Tech
- College Football Coaching Trio Dumped After Disappointing Seasons
- BCS Championship on the Line for Notre Dame
- Marion Grice Runs for Three TDs, Arizona State Tops Arizona
- LSU's SEC Championship Bid Alive After Win over Arkansas
- Burkhead Carries Nebraska over Iowa, Into Big Ten Title Game
- Morehead State Suspends Coach Sean Woods for One Game
- Jack Taylor Nets Record 138 Points in Division III Hoops
- NCAA Investigating Auburn Football on Recruitment
- ESPN to Broadcast College Football Playoff Games Starting 2014
- Rutgers Leaves Big East to Join Big Ten
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved