NCAA Investigating Auburn Football on Recruitment
The NCAA is investigating players being recruited by Auburn assistants Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper.
Taylor is the Tigers' assistant head coach and wide receivers coach, while Luper coaches running backs and is the recruiting coordinator.
The website al.com reported Wednesday that at least one Auburn assistant coach and several players were interviewed by the NCAA this week as part of the investigation.
One of the players whose recruitment is being examined is running back Jovon Robinson.
Faculty members from Memphis high school and Wooddale high school, which Robinson both attended, admitted tampering his scholastic records.
The NCAA declared Robinson academically ineligible because of this.
Robinson, who was ranked the country's No. 20 running back prospect by ESPN RecruitingNation, was enrolled in classes at Auburn this past summer, but withdrew from school and returned to his mother's home in Memphis.
Auburn coach Gene Chizik said he would not talk about the reported investigations.
How Auburn Investigation Could Affect Chizik Buyout
- Notre Dame Survives USC, Secures Spot in BCS Championship Game
- Riddick, Brindza Lift No. 1 Notre Dame Into BCS Title Game
- Aaron Murray Throws Two TDs; Georgia Rips Rival Georgia Tech
- College Football Coaching Trio Dumped After Disappointing Seasons
- BCS Championship on the Line for Notre Dame
- Marion Grice Runs for Three TDs, Arizona State Tops Arizona
- LSU's SEC Championship Bid Alive After Win over Arkansas
- Burkhead Carries Nebraska over Iowa, Into Big Ten Title Game
- Morehead State Suspends Coach Sean Woods for One Game
- Jack Taylor Nets Record 138 Points in Division III Hoops
- NCAA Investigating Auburn Football on Recruitment
- ESPN to Broadcast College Football Playoff Games Starting 2014
- Rutgers Leaves Big East to Join Big Ten
- Georgia Savors Chance for BCS Football Title
- Shoulder Injury Shelves Southern Cal Quarterback Matt Barkley
- Minnesota Coach Kill Shrugs Off Wideout's Abuse Accusations
- Tennessee Terminates Coach Dooley After Loss to Vandy
- Martin and Florence Star as Baylor Upsets Number 1 Kansas State
- Notre Dame Beats Wake Forest 38-0
- Gillislee and Sturgis Lead Florida over Jacksonville State
- Wes Cobb Runs for Two TDs, Air Force Shuts Down Hawaii
- NCAA Extends Tennessee Football Probation Two More Years
- ACC and Orange Bowl Reach 12-Year Agreement Starting 2015
- ESPN Inks Deal to Air Sugar Bowl Through 2026
- Big East Football to Use 2-Division Format
- Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly Picks Irish as No. 1
- Manziel Passes for Two Scores, Texas A&M Stuns Alabama
- BCS Commissioners Likely to Push for Six-Bowl Format
- Mariota Throws Six TD Passes as Oregon Crushes California
- Florida Edges Louisiana-Lafayette with Jenkins Heroics
- Shaw Throws Two Scoring Strikes As South Carolina Rips Arkansas
- Nassib Shines as Syracuse Deals Louisville Its First Loss
- TCU coach Gary Patterson Trains Sights on Kansas State
- Kentucky to Replace Football Coach Joker Phillips at Season's End
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved