Los Angeles, CA
The 2012 Grammy nominations were full of a few snubs, some surprises and led by rapper Kayne West with seven. Close behind were British sensation Adele and Bruno Mars with six nominations each.
Kayne West's nominations include a nod for his album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," and his joint venture with Jay-Z , "Watch the Throne."
Adele, whose album "21" is the biggest selling of 2011, and Bruno Mars, received nominations for the three big awards of album, song and record of the year.
Other leading contenders include the Foo Fighters, also with six nominations. Lil Wayne and newcomer Skrillex have five nominations apiece.
The best new artist category is an eclectic mix including Nicki Minaj, hip-hop artist J. Cole, country group The Band Perry, house and electropop performer Skrillex and the little known folk band that has many asking "who?," Bon Iver.
The biggest snub was Beyonce's brush off and a missing nod for L.A. band Foster the People. The biggest surprise was Skrillex's nod for Best New Artist. It is not everyday that an electronic music producer is named as a Best New Artist contender.
The nominations were announced during a televised concert in Los Angeles featuring performances by Lady Gaga, Usher and The Band Perry.
Winners in all 78 categories will be announced at the Grammy Awards ceremony and show on Feb. 12.
- Guns N' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers Among Inductees Into Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- Grammy Nominations Full of Snubs and Surprises
- Researchers Say Many Rap Songs Advertise for Alcohol Industry
- Lady Gaga and Britney Spears Win Big at 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 7 Things We Love About Justin Bieber
- Lady Gaga Records Duet with Cher
- A Half-Century On, Their Music Still Captures Youth
- Ten Great Songs About Places
- Barbra Streisand Returns with 'What Matters Most'
- Pitbull Earns First-Ever Top single with 'Give Me Everything'
- 'The Book Of Mormom' Skyrockets On Billboard 200 Albums Chart
- Get an Awesome Soundtrack to Your Summer
- When Pop Stars Become Pop Psychologists
- Aretha, Gaga and Barbra: Grammy Night, 2011!
- Host Your Own Oscars Party
- Few Penalties For Stars Behaving Badly
- Boy, Do We Like to Watch
- Frankly Speaking: A Great Frank Sinatra Biography
- Lady Gaga: Pop Sensation Transforms Music Video Culture
- Chatting It up With the Jonas Brothers
- Hot New Music for Your Playlist
- Will Lady Gaga Really Take Madonna's Crown?
- Music - Where the Best Unknown Bands Are Hiding
- Pink Flies High at the Grammys
- Barbra Streisand, Still Pitch-Perfect After All These Years
- Mariah Carey - This 'Imperfect Angel' Knows What Love Is
- 80s Acts Touring Again: Demand High for Forgotten Decade Music
Available at Amazon.com:
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved