The Hottest Nail Colors This Season
Anne L. Fritz
Hottest Nail Colors
Cheaper than a new pair of shoes and less of a commitment than a dramatic new haircut, one of the easiest ways to change your look for spring is with a new nail polish color.
Erica Marton, a celebrity manicurist based in New York City, shares what's on the chicest nails this season.
A pale pink or buff nail never goes out of style, but this spring, give it a twist by opting for a sheer and shimmery, or more beige-toned formula, says Marton. Two of her favorites are Chanel Delice (a sheer gold) and Essie Topless & Barefoot (a soft, beige pink). "These are both fun shades that aren't your average neutrals, but still safe," she says.
Corals and hot pinks are as natural to warmer months as longer days and sunnier dispositions. While Marton loves these hues, she urges her clients to be careful about mixing them with the equally brightly colored clothing that's in style this spring. "If you wear lots of oranges, corals or reds, you may want to opt for a nude nail or save these colors for your toes," she suggests. Her favorite coral polish is Essie's Enuff Is Enuff, a bright, almost reddish coral. As for yellow, Marton says skip it -- unless your skin tone is very dark.
Mix It Up!
Nail art is a trend that's here to stay. "Even as something as simple as layering a favorite polish with a top coat of sheer shimmer can make it feel fresh," she says. Or try a product like OPI Shatter. "It's fast, easy and funky with a touch of glitter, and you can do it yourself at home."
Anne L. Fritz is the managing editor of Brilliant Color and Beauty Today.
Available at Amazon.com
- Spring's Fresh Makeup Shades
- Spring Makeup: Sunny Colors
- The Best Blondes for Spring
- The Hottest Nail Colors This Season
- Six Tips for Sporting Denim This Spring
- Simple Ways to Spring-clean Your Closet
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.