The Best Blondes for Spring
Best Blondes for Spring
There is a direct relationship between the time when the temperature tops 55 F and my elevating temptation to go with a lighter blonde hair color. Are you feeling me, my flaxen-maned friends?
To find out about the latest light hair trends, I hit up celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham -- who has worked with Gwyneth Paltrow and Michelle Williams -- to learn all about cutting-edge hair hues for light, medium and dark blondes.
Platinum blonde hair is most flattering on women whose skin has "a gorgeous, fair glow like Michelle Williams, but not too dark or too pale." According to Cunningham, there are three rules of going uber-blonde: condition, condition, condition! "Platinum definitely requires conditioning to keep it healthy and shining," she says.
"While platinum is definitely a look, a light blonde hue, in contrast, should come across as natural. The best way to do that is to keep it within one or two shades of your natural color," explains Cunningham. Looking to mix it up this spring? Consider a strawberry blonde, one of the season's hottest hues.
If you're a woman with a medium or olive skin tone, Cunningham recommends a darker iteration of blonde. But again, don't stray too far from nature, especially into summer, when hair will lighten naturally from the sun's rays. If your skin tone is dark olive or black, blonde isn't the best option, even dark blonde," says Cunningham. Opt for a light brown instead, or paint caramel highlights on a medium brown base.
Amber Katz is the founder and editor of Beauty Blogging Junkie, a pop-culture infused beauty blog. She contributes regularly to the New York Press and GirlfriendGetaways.com about must-have hair and beauty products.
Available at Amazon.com
- Spring's Fresh Makeup Shades
- Spring Makeup: Sunny Colors
- The Best Blondes for Spring
- The Hottest Nail Colors This Season
- Six Tips for Sporting Denim This Spring
- Simple Ways to Spring-clean Your Closet
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.