Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
Brooklyn Nets 'enforcer' Reggie Evans said his comments before Wednesday's 105-85 loss to the Miami Heat were blown out of proportion.
Evans, who was held scoreless in his matchup with LeBron James, said he didn't intend to downplay the Heat's championship in a lockout shortened season nor slighting the reigning NBA MVP.
"Well, I didn't say it didn't prove anything. Those were not my exact words," Evans said on SiriusXM radio's "Off the Dribble" show Thursday. "I just said they won a championship in a lockout season. That's what I said. So I never downplayed it or nothing, I just said they won a championship. That was really about it. I guess people just took it out of proportion."
Evans added it's just not in his DNA to express his views on Twitter or even with the press, insisting that he's a on-your-face kind of guy.
"One thing about me is like when I'm gonna talk about you, I'm pretty much gonna say it in your face. I'm not gonna go in the media and say it to the media," added Evans.
Evans, who recorded 24 points and 9 rebounds in that blowout victory, backed out from talking more about Williams' comments.
"I'm not going to sit here and give Reggie Evans a lot of press, because that is what is going to happen for the next couple days," James told ESPN Wednesday.
Nets embarrassed by Miami Heat at home
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
- Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
- Kupchak Says Lack of Effort, Not Coach is Lakers Problem
- Grizzlies Cut Payroll by $6M in Trade with Cavs
- Kings Owners Reach Deal to Sell Team to Seattle Group
- Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry After 13-28 Start
- Lakers Struggling, But Kobe Tops NBA All-Star Balloting
- Lawsuit Claims Spurs Cheated Fans in Resting Top Players Against Heat
- Dallas Mavericks 'Bank of Cuban' Ready to Deal
- Lakers Executive Jim Buss Wants 'Very Solid' Lakers Team Kept Intact
- P.J. Carlesimo Sees Phil Jackson Pursuing His Nets Coaching Job
- Kobe Posts Staged-Fight Pic with Dwight Howard on Twitter
- Carmelo Anthony Extends Dispute with Garnett Offcourt
- With Team at .500, Scott Skiles Out as Bucks Coach
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved