New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
The potential new owners of the Sacramento Kings organization have filed for relocation to Seattle.
The Hansen-Ballmer group earlier submitted an application to transfer ownership from the Maloof family.
It is also expected bring back the Supersonics name for the Seattle team.
NBA Commissioner David Stern has convened two committees to decide on the transfer of ownership, which requires a three-quarter vote, and application to move, which requires a majority vote.
The two committees will make a recommendation to the Board of Governors which -will meet in April.
Stern added that the mayor of Sacramento has advised them that of a proposal from a group to buy the team in Sacramento and build a building with a substantial subsidy from the city.
Key Arena in Seattle was deemed unfit to keep the Sonics in Seattle years ago, and would be the new home to the Kings if the transfer of ownership and relocation applications are approved.
Stern noted that the Seattle application is to play in an improved Key Arena for two years, and that a final approval for a new building in Seattle is underway.
He is visiting the city of Minneapolis who are finalizing a renovation for the Target Center to keep the Minnesota Timberwolves from being relocated.
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
- Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
- Kupchak Says Lack of Effort, Not Coach is Lakers Problem
- Grizzlies Cut Payroll by $6M in Trade with Cavs
- Kings Owners Reach Deal to Sell Team to Seattle Group
- Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry After 13-28 Start
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved