Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
The Toronto Raptors are reportedly looking into the possibility of bringing in Los Angeles Lakers star forward Pau Gasol before the mid-season trade deadline.
The Raptors, who desperately need a big man following injuries to Andrea Bargnani and Jonas Valanciunas, could send a package that revolves around Kyrie Lowry and Andrea Bargnani with draft picks.
Gasol has been coming off the bench since suffering an injury in his nose. He is averaging 12.7 points and 8.20 rebounds in 33 minutes of action for the slumping Lakers.
Meanwhile, the Raptors (15-27) absorbed their fifth loss in six games after bowing out to the Mialmi Heat, 123-116, in overtime.
Alan Anderson scored 20 points to lead seven Raptors players in double-figures. However, the All-Star tandem of LeBron James (31 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds) and Dwyane Wade (35 points and 7 assists) proved too strong down the stretch, enhancing the Heat's record to a conference best 27-12.
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
- Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
- Kupchak Says Lack of Effort, Not Coach is Lakers Problem
- Grizzlies Cut Payroll by $6M in Trade with Cavs
- Kings Owners Reach Deal to Sell Team to Seattle Group
- Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry After 13-28 Start
- Lakers Struggling, But Kobe Tops NBA All-Star Balloting
- Lawsuit Claims Spurs Cheated Fans in Resting Top Players Against Heat
- Dallas Mavericks 'Bank of Cuban' Ready to Deal
- Lakers Executive Jim Buss Wants 'Very Solid' Lakers Team Kept Intact
- P.J. Carlesimo Sees Phil Jackson Pursuing His Nets Coaching Job
- Kobe Posts Staged-Fight Pic with Dwight Howard on Twitter
- Carmelo Anthony Extends Dispute with Garnett Offcourt
- With Team at .500, Scott Skiles Out as Bucks Coach
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved