Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
Trade discussions that would send Charlotte's Ben Gordon to Brooklyn for Kris Humphries are ongoing.
The trade works financially as both players make $12 million a year, but no deal is imminent.
The Nets need Gordon's 41.7 percent shooting from the 3-point area to keep opponents from clogging the lane.
They also envision Gordon as a third guard who would come off the bench and also give them the option of going small with Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams and Gordon joining Brook Lopez.
The Nets view Humphries, averaging 6.0 points and 6.4 rebounds a game, as expendable because they have a similarly-styled Reggie Evans.
The Bobcats pursued Humphries in free agency last summer, offering him a three-year deal worth $28 million.
They are looking for frontcourt help and feel they have enough guards in Kemba Walker, Ramon Sessions and Gerald Henderson, to survive losing Gordon, their third-leading scorer with a 13.1 average.
Brooklyn Nets: Who isn't living up to their contract
- Knicks' Amare Stoudemire to Undergo Knee Surgery; Out Six Weeks
- 55-foot Buzzer Beater Makes Prep Player Instant Celebrity
- Jason Kidd Adjusting to Role off Knicks bench
- Spurs May Lose Top Spot with Tony Parker Injury
- Sixers center Andrew Bynum suffers another setback in knee rehab
- Lakers Center Dwight Howard Eyes 2016 Olympics
- LeBron to Stop Warm-up Dunks, Won't Join Contest
- Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman finds new friend in North Korean leader
- Heat's Ray Allen Sees Acting Career on Horizon
- Julian Newman, Fifth Grade Basketball Phenom
- Mike Krzyzewski to Step Down as US Hoops Team Mentor
- Thunder Sign Veteran Playmaker Derek Fisher
- NBA Trade Deadline Surprises
- Knicks Sign Kenyon Martin to 10-day Contract
- Magic Trade Redick Plus Two Teammates to Bucks for Trio of Players
- Celtics Trade Barbosa and Collins for Wizards Jordan Crawford
- Lakers Hope Dwight Howard is Center of Team's Future
- Shaq Unplugged: Dwight's Struggles, Buss
- Magic Johnson: Cavs Guard Kyrie Irving Becoming a Superstar
- Kings Give Up on Thomas Robinson, Deal Rookie to Rockets
- A Message to Michael Jordan on his 50th
- Doubting Thomas: Isiah Favors LeBron Over MJ as Athlete
- Paul and Durant Carry West to Close Win Over East
- Raptors Terrence Ross Rules NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- NBA Players Union Fires Billy Hunter as Executive Director
- Turkoglu Suspended 20 Games for Steroid Use
- Kobe Bryant Opposes Gay Slur on Twitter
- 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
- Raptors Exploring Trade for Lakers Pau Gasol
- Kupchak Says Lack of Effort, Not Coach is Lakers Problem
- Grizzlies Cut Payroll by $6M in Trade with Cavs
- Kings Owners Reach Deal to Sell Team to Seattle Group
- Suns Fire Coach Alvin Gentry After 13-28 Start
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved