Pitcher Brandon McCarthy to Join D-Backs
Brandon McCarthy has signed a two-year, $15.5 million deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
He will get a $2.5 million signing bonus and annual salaries of $4 million and $9 million, the source said.
The deal is pending completion of a physical exam.
The right-handed McCarthy, 29, is coming back from an epidural hemorrhage, a brain contusion and a skull fracture after accidentally being hit by a bat in a game against the Los Angeles Angels.
He underwent two hours of emergency surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.
In mid-November, McCarthy was medically cleared to resume baseball.
He went 8-6 with a 3.24 ERA in 18 starts with the A's last season. McCarthy joins Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill and Wade Miley atop the Arizona rotation.
The Twins, White Sox, Royals, Cubs, Red Sox and Angels were among other clubs that reportedly had expressed interest in McCarthy.
- Greinke Finds New Home with Dodgers, Inks $147M Six-Year Deal
- Rays Trade Shields to Royals for Prospect Wil Myers
- A-Rod Hopes for Productive Season Upon Return from Surgery
- Dodgers Sign Korean Pitching Ace Ryu
- Rangers Designated Hitter Michael Young Accepts Trade to Phillies
- Pitcher Brandon McCarthy to Join D-Backs
- James Loney Happy to Play for Rays Next Season
- Gardner Avoids Arbitration, Agrees to One-Year Deal with Yankees
- Yankees Targeting Kevin Youkilis
- Why the Mets Should Keep Jon Niese and R.A. Dickey
- White Sox Land Third Baseman Jeff Keppinger
- Rockies Acquire Reliever Wilton Lopez from Astros
- Cubs Ink Japanese Closer Fujikawa to Two-Year Deal
- Lasorda Claims Bonds, Clemens and Sosa Have No Place in Cooperstown
- Angel Pagan Agrees to 4-year Deal with Giants
- Payroll and Arm Woes May Keep Brian Wilson from Getting Giants Deal
- Catching On: Pirates Ink Martin; Red Sox Sign Napoli
- Yankees Slugger A-Rod to Undergo Hip Surgery, Out Six Months
- Braves Trade Starter Hanson to Angels for Reliever Walden
- David Wright Signs Richest Deal in Mets History
- Andy Pettitte Gets One-Year $12M Deal with Yankees
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved