Angel Pagan Agrees to 4-year Deal with Giants
San Francisco, CA
Angel Pagan agreed to a four-year $40 million contract with the San Francisco Giants.
It will become official once he passes the physical this week.
Pagan was a center fielder, leadoff hitter and Triples Alley connoisseur in the Giants' world championship run.
"The fact he played such a key role for us at the top of the order and up the middle was really a huge motivator," said assistant general manager Bobby Evans.
He cited Pagan's age of 31 years and athleticism to justify a four year deal.
Pagan will be getting a $5 million signing bonus and salaries of $7 million, $9 million, $9 million and $10 million.
With Pagan and Jeremy Affeldt under contract, Marco Scutaro is the last key free agent who hasn't re-signed.
- Greinke Finds New Home with Dodgers, Inks $147M Six-Year Deal
- Rays Trade Shields to Royals for Prospect Wil Myers
- A-Rod Hopes for Productive Season Upon Return from Surgery
- Dodgers Sign Korean Pitching Ace Ryu
- Rangers Designated Hitter Michael Young Accepts Trade to Phillies
- Pitcher Brandon McCarthy to Join D-Backs
- James Loney Happy to Play for Rays Next Season
- Gardner Avoids Arbitration, Agrees to One-Year Deal with Yankees
- Yankees Targeting Kevin Youkilis
- Why the Mets Should Keep Jon Niese and R.A. Dickey
- White Sox Land Third Baseman Jeff Keppinger
- Rockies Acquire Reliever Wilton Lopez from Astros
- Cubs Ink Japanese Closer Fujikawa to Two-Year Deal
- Lasorda Claims Bonds, Clemens and Sosa Have No Place in Cooperstown
- Angel Pagan Agrees to 4-year Deal with Giants
- Payroll and Arm Woes May Keep Brian Wilson from Getting Giants Deal
- Catching On: Pirates Ink Martin; Red Sox Sign Napoli
- Yankees Slugger A-Rod to Undergo Hip Surgery, Out Six Months
- Braves Trade Starter Hanson to Angels for Reliever Walden
- David Wright Signs Richest Deal in Mets History
- Andy Pettitte Gets One-Year $12M Deal with Yankees
- Upton Becomes Highest Paid Player in Braves History
- Former MLB Players Union Head Marvin Miller Dead at 95
- Joe Torre Picks Coaching Staff for World Baseball Classic
- Evan Longoria Agrees to 6-Year, $100 Million Extension with Rays
- Miguel Cabrera and Buster Posey Named Major League MVPs
- R.A. Dickey and David Price Capture Cy Young Awards
- A's Brandon McCarthy Cleared to Resume Baseball Career
- Torii Hunter Signs Two-Year, $26M Deal with Tigers
- Bob Melvin and Davey Johnson Earn Manager of the Year Awards
- Marlins Deal Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson to Blue Jays in Blockbuster
- Mike Trout, Bryce Harper Snare AL, NL Rookie of the Year Awards
- Indians Need to Show They Want Shin-Soo Choo
- Los Angeles Dodgers in Line for Torii Hunter
- Red Sox Slugger David Ortiz Answers Ex-Manager Bobby Valentine
- Rangers Give $13.3M Qualifying Offer to Slugger Josh Hamilton
- Yankees Closer Mariano Rivera to Return Next Season
- A's Sign Suspended Pitcher Bartolo Colon to One-Year Deal
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved