Indians Send Choo to Reds, Get Bauer from D-backs
The Indians traded right fielder Shin-Soo Choo to the Cincinatti Reds in a three-team, nine-player exchange.
In return, the Indians received right-handed pitcher Trevor Bauer and center fielder Drew Stubbs.
They also sent infielder Jason Donald and approximately $3.5 million to the Reds and southpaw reliever TonySipp and first baseman Lars Anderson to Arizona. The Indians also acquired relievers Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Shortstop prospect Didi Gregorius went from Cincinnati to Arizona.
Choo, who can become a free agent at the end of the 2013 campaign, failed to get a long-term deal done with the Indians and now finds himself being sent out of town.
Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said Choo fills a big void for the team as a leadoff hitter and someone with the ability to get on base from the top of the order.
Bauer was the third overall selection in the 2011 First-Year Player Draft and is ranked the No. 5 overallprospect in baseball, according to MLB.com.
"We feel we're getting a young pitcher with a ton of potential," Antonetti said, "a guy who we feel has achance to pitch at the top of the rotation once he develops and a guy who we had longstanding interest in."
"He's a great defender in center field," Antonetti said about Stubbs. "He brings an element of speed and power to our team."
- Nick Swisher Agrees to Four-Year Pact with Tribe
- Pirates Ink Pitcher Nelson Liriano to Two-Year, $14M Deal
- Cubs Ink Hurlers Edwin Jackson and Carlos Villanueva
- Rangers Sign Catcher A.J. Pierzynski to One-Year Deal
- Mariners Trade Jason Vargas to Angels for Kendrys Morales
- Indians Interested in Free-Agent Outfielder Nick Swisher
- Red Sox Sign Shortstop Stephen Drew to One-Year Deal
- R.A. Dickey Agrees to Contract Extension with Blue Jays
- Twins Sign Mike Pelfrey to One-Year Deal
- Mets Looking to Trade Pitcher R.A. Dickey to Blue Jays
- Ichiro Agrees to 'Smaller' $13M Deal with Yankees
- Tigers and Anibal Sanchez Agree to Five-Year Deal
- Angels Sign Josh Hamilton to Five-Year, $125M Pact
- Yankees Closer Mo Rivera Says He'll Be Ready for Opening Day
- Indians Send Choo to Reds, Get Bauer from D-backs
- Yankees Sign Kevin Youkilis; Ichiro Expected to Re-Sign
- R.A. Dickey to Turn Free Agent If Mets Don't Sign Him to Extension
- Greinke Finds New Home with Dodgers, Inks $147M Six-Year Deal
- Rays Trade Shields to Royals for Prospect Wil Myers
- A-Rod Hopes for Productive Season Upon Return from Surgery
- Dodgers Sign Korean Pitching Ace Ryu
- Rangers Designated Hitter Michael Young Accepts Trade to Phillies
- Pitcher Brandon McCarthy to Join D-Backs
- James Loney Happy to Play for Rays Next Season
- Gardner Avoids Arbitration, Agrees to One-Year Deal with Yankees
- Yankees Targeting Kevin Youkilis
- Why the Mets Should Keep Jon Niese and R.A. Dickey
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved